• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Hamas terrorists once again offensively fires rockets into Israeli checkpoint.

Ignatius A

Ah, my mistake. I misread what you had posted. I assumed you were agreeing with @Twilight Hue that Israel should "end the terrorists." I don't disagree with that sentiment, but I want to know people's opinions on how we do that - especially since these terrorists exist in a bunch of other countries and the situation surrounding Gaza is a very special situation. It's the fifth most densely populated place on the planet and any actions there are going to kill scores of innocent people if great care isn't taken
Sadly hatred will never disappear. Whenever people feel they have been wronged it foster hatred especially when they doing think they have received the justice they think they deserve.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What I find troublesome is almost all the debate is on what should Israel do but not what Hamas and the Palestinians in general should do?
Obviously Palestinian Hamas has the full intention to fire more rockets, kill jews, and screw any 'peace' talks.

Alien826

No religious beliefs
They are acutely aware. Maybe I'm wrong but you seem to have this impression that the Jews could do something and suddenly hamas would want to live peacefully with them. You know that's a lie right?

No, Hamas won't change. The question is, why does Hamas exist? When you have a relatively helpless group of people that is being badly treated, they will lean towards anyone that seems to be on their side. The hope (slim though it may be) is that if Israel changes their way of treating the Palestinians as a group, their support for Hamas may waver, and Hamas may become a minor factor that nobody pays much attention to.

I see little hope of that happening spontaneously, though there do seem to be a few cracks in the wall of uncritical support for Israel by other nations appearing. Even if it happens, I doubt there will be much left of the infrastructure in Gaza, well before that.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
And once again innocent civilians - mostly Palestinian women and children - were the victims.

When do you think Israel should stop killing those civilians? When everybody is dead?
Nope. Palestinians are the aggressors here.

Where does this once again come from? Out of your neither regions?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
And once again innocent civilians - mostly Palestinian women and children - were the victims.

When do you think Israel should stop killing those civilians? When everybody is dead?
What about what happened on 10-7? Was the killing, raping, and taking of Israeli civilians as hostages somehow justifiable?

Soandso

ᛋᛏᚨᚾᛞ ᛋᚢᚱᛖ
They celebrated the slaughter of Israelis on 10-7 with no counter-protests that I'm aware of.

Firstly, who is "They?" There are supporters of Hamas who want to see Israel eradicated, but I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of Palestinians want to just go about their lives and do their own thing. I'm sure there's a lot of Palestinians who dislike Israel, but that doesn't mean that everyone supports open war

Also, how can there be any "counter protests?" We are talking about wartimes. Any counter protesters would be rounded up as traitors by Hamas. Of course there wouldn't be counter protesters

metis

Of c

Of course the antisemites continue their takeovers err..'protests' on the home front.
How many were and are "anti-Semites" I do not know, but what I can understand is the loss of life that's occurring on both sides. Unfortunately, this is not new and will happen again and again if Hamas remains in power.

metis

Firstly, who is "They?" There are supporters of Hamas who want to see Israel eradicated, but I'd be willing to bet that the vast majority of Palestinians want to just go about their lives and do their own thing.

The reporting through various news sources inside Gaza as I watched, and I didn't see nor hear about any coverage of counter protests.

Also, how can there be any "counter protests?" We are talking about wartimes. Any counter protesters would be rounded up as traitors by Hamas. Of course there wouldn't be counter protesters

Which should tell anyone what a large part of the problem is. And just a reminder that Hamas was the duly elected government in 2005, so... :shrug:

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Nope. Palestinians are the aggressors here.

Where does this once again come from? Out of your neither regions?
My first guess:

Shortly after the Hamas attack, an Israeli airstrike hit a house in Rafah killing three people and wounding several others, Palestinian medics said.​
The Israeli military confirmed the counter-strike, saying it struck the launcher from which the Hamas projectiles were fired, as well as a nearby "military structure".​
"The launches carried out by Hamas adjacent to the Rafah Crossing ... are a clear example of the terrorist organisation's systematic exploitation of humanitarian facilities and spaces, and their continued use of the Gazan civilian population as human shields," it said.​
Hamas denies it uses civilians as human shields.​
Just before midnight, an Israeli air strike killed nine Palestinians, including a baby, in another house in Rafah, Gaza health officials said. They said the new strike increased the death toll on Sunday to at least 19 people.​

McBell

Admiral Obvious
Of course they do, but it's a well-known fact that they have and they do.

So Hamas kills three soldiers and you are all up in arms about it, but when you hear that Israel's retaliation kills 9 civilians one being a baby your reply is about Hamas claim about human shields?
Seriously?