• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Haley to Biden crossovers welcome

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
So I heard that Haley voters 2 to 1 prefer Biden to Trump.

As you know, I was fighting for Haley when she was as low as a 5% chance of winning.

I am hoping to turn out a few more votes for Biden from a Haley voter.

I recognize that about equal numbers will post for Trump as will vote for Haley.

I will try to argue that he has character like she did, even if not as much, and that thankfully he appears to be still fit for president. (I watched about 25 minutes of the State of the Union Address last night).

Please share whatever you would like to share.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
That's true of course but now now is a time when the persuadable are subject to persuasion attempts.
And that is why money pours into the battleground states and very little goes into mine. For ads at least. Pennsylvanians are probably already subject to ads for Trump and Biden. I might see a handful by the end of the election. My state is as blue as blue can be.

Yazata

So I heard that Haley voters 2 to 1 prefer Biden to Trump.

Probably because a disproportionate number of them are D's who voted in the R primaries in open (or openish) primary states in hopes of contesting Trump's nomination. The thing is, few of them would have voted for Haley in the general election anyway. (It's like how lots of D's voted for McCain in the 2008 R primaries, then turned against him in the general.)

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
What, in the UK?
Green, maybe, but that will give the Tories more chance of victory.
I guess one could say both. I do like the idea there are people around with the sense and sensibility to essentially make government work again proper as well as closing the divide.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Probably because a disproportionate number of them are D's who voted in the R primaries in open (or openish) primary states in hopes of contesting Trump's nomination. The thing is, few of them would have voted for Haley in the general election anyway. (It's like how lots of D's voted for McCain in the 2008 R primaries, then turned against him in the general.)
Nope. This is 2 to 1. Democrat crossovers are like 5%.

Yazata

1. @Yazata makes a good point.

:)
2. Haley's campaign came down to trash-talking age and Kamala Harris while saying that she would vote for Trump ih he were to become the nominee of her Party. She has the integrity of a cheep paper plate.
From the perspective of a R primary election voter, the failing in Haley's campaign, and probably in her personally, was that she never gave voters like me any positive reason to vote for her. What was her agenda? What kind of policies did she favor?

Her one tangible policy point was her steadfast support for the US fighting endless foreign wars. So she came across as the remaining Bush-style "neo-conservative" candidate left in the R field. But most of the R electorate has grown increasingly skeptical about that and place other priorities higher. (Such as getting control of America's own border ahead of defending Ukraine's.)

I remember one of the debates when Vivek called her "Dick Cheyney in heels", and she went off on some weird tangent of feigned offense and about how high her heels were. Which diverted attention away from Vivek's legitimate criticism about her foreign affairs vision which she really needed to persuasively argue for and justify, towards some bubble-headed feminist pose of victimization that I suppose she hoped would attract her more female votes.

I guess that her biggest argument for herself was that she was running as something of a D-lite, and her argument that as such she could attract more of the moderate D's who didn't like Biden. Which may or may not be true, but it didn't give R's like myself much reason to be enthusiastic about what we would be stuck with if she were elected.

Other than that, she seemed to campaign mostly on her personal dislike for Trump. Which in my opinion isn't a very persuasive reason to vote for her. Reducing the election to personalities is the D way this cycle (since they have so little else to run on). But in my opinion a successful candidate has to stand for something, has to offer the country a vision. And Haley never gave us much feeling for what she would do if she was ever in charge of the Oval Office.

Last edited: