• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gun Control A History

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Flame throwers?
Would they be covered by the 2nd Amendment?

And then, when 'they come for your home' etc you'd have a better chance?
Why not?
Constitutional rights! :p
I remember that Amnesty International UK bought and refurbished an old tank to display at a Pride parade, many years ago.
Perhaps the LGBTQ movement in the US ought to run a "well regulated militia" of its own, to raise its own armored brigade.

322324.jpg

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
In the UK and AU guns were grabbed. Those populaces are largely disarmed. How? Easily. The people were told it was wise and had little previous experience of government rights grabbing. Had they ever faced prohibition laws? I don't know, but I don't think so.

Not so here. The government made alcohol illegal, but citizens held out continuing to produce it. The government tells us this is wise and that is wise, but often it lies. Our government lied about the dangers of smoking, about what was nutritious and what wasn't, about marajuana, about many things. We can't trust it. We have this thing where the government officials will show up and say "We're the government. We're here to help" but they aren't here to help. That same government occasionally says something like "We want to take away your arms rights, but its for your own good."

More recently in 2008: "The government has decided to make public education better by instantiating standardized testing in schools, and we're going to write the public school curriculum nationwide using a couple of corporations we have enlisted for the task. Its going to be great." It wasn't great.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I remember that Amnesty International UK bought and refurbished an old tank to display at a Pride parade, many years ago.
Perhaps the LGBTQ movement in the US ought to run a "well regulated militia" of its own, to raise its own armored brigade.

322324.jpg
Now that's what I'm talking about!
And one in the back garden 'n all.

Now why haven't we got a form of 2nd Amendment in the UK so that we could load the things and actually shoot them. We have a sea viewt and the temptation to test our sights on a passing yacht could be too great, I admit. :p

But the US 2nd reads '...to bear arms....' so I guess that driving an Abrams M1 battle tank down to the shops is probably unlawful. If you can't carry your arms then that's probably a foul.

But I want to hear from 2nd Amendment supporters about flame throwers, .5 machine guns, etc etc...... and grenades...you can 'bear' a clutch of grenades, I guess.
:D

Flame throwers?
Would they be covered by the 2nd Amendment?

And then, when 'they come for your home' etc you'd have a better chance?
Why not?
Constitutional rights! :p

Has a Flame Thrower EVER - of it's own volition - jumped out of a storage closet and burned someone to death?

Or...Has EVERY SINGLE instance of death-by-flame-thrower in recorded history been accomplished by an actual person with his/her finger on the trigger of said flame thrower?

And honest answer reveals the silliness of you inquiry.

I sincerely hope you’re right.

But I don’t recall the NAZIS obeying unlawful orders though.

Never become complacent enough to think “NAZI Germany” can’t happen to your state. That’s exactly what Germans thought pre WWII. If you follow?

(Just to be clear NAZIs are scum. )

The definition of "unlawful orders" actually includes orders that contradict a soldier's own conscience.

It's not as simple as saying "Well, it WAS legal to kill Jews in Germany." Clearly it was, in a technical sense...But those men still hung.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Lol
Unless you guys have tanks and nuclear missiles, you guys do realise your military already outguns you now? The US military could crush the “well armed farmers” in a millisecond without even thinking about it. If the US ever tried to go against the government owned military today, it’d be a slaughter. It’s not like in the olden days when guns were roughly on the same playing field everywhere
PR keeps the government owned military in line more than the second amendment, if anything
Tell that to the Vietnamese -- or the Afghanis, for that matter.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Has a Flame Thrower EVER - of it's own volition - jumped out of a storage closet and burned someone to death?

Or...Has EVERY SINGLE instance of death-by-flame-thrower in recorded history been accomplished by an actual person with his/her finger on the trigger of said flame thrower?

And honest answer reveals the silliness of you inquiry.
You failed to answer my question.
Are flamethrowers arms?
I can tell you that apart from on two States anybody can purchase and use a flamethrower.
Did you know that?