• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Guardian Angels - or similar?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Does anyone here believe there is a Heavenly Being who guides and protects them? Like perhaps a Guardian Angel? Or something similar?

I do, and because of this they say I’m schizophrenic. And I have no idea why it’s interested in me (Edit: Well, I do now but only recently, but I'm not totally sure about it) But this is not about me. I’d like to hear from other people about this:

I would love to hear from people who do, or who perhaps have even encountered a Heavenly Being? Or who have reason to believe such beings exist?

Last edited:

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
In Judaism it is believed that there are two angels that protect every person. Also special angels on Shabbat. And special angels for every nation.

Now, what angels are exactly is an entirely different question.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Does anyone here believe there is a Heavenly Being who guides and protects them? Like perhaps a Guardian Angel? Or something similar?

I do, and because of this they say I’m schizophrenic. And I have no idea why it’s interested in me (Edit: Well, I do now but only recently, but I'm not totally sure about it) But this is not about me. I’d like to hear from other people about this:

I would love to hear from people who do, or who perhaps have even encountered a Heavenly Being? Or who have reason to believe such beings exist?
In Falun Gong there is a being called Fashen and it's a being cultivated by our teacher and it is given to each true studen of Falun Gong. It protect us in situation that could lead to premature death in situation where life could be in risk of ending. It look like our teacher but it was it's own law body (In my understanding) i have not Seen it or felt it personally

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member

Meher Baba indicated: The Angels (unembodied souls) are mere automatons for the will of God, and they do nothing which is not desired or prompted by God.

So I take it as true that angels exist and that they manifest the will of God.

Whether or not God's will is that an angel acts as a guardian in some situations is something I have no knowledge of. Nor do I want to speculate.

I do, and because of this they say I’m schizophrenic.

This is a very tricky area and I'm not going there outside of thinking that believing in Guardian Angels is in and of itself not a basis for pinning that psychiatric label on someone. There would have to be other reasons if the diagnosis is accurate.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
May I ask, what are your beliefs about how that question may be answered?
Angels are entities - and I use the term very loosely - that help God with maintenance of this world. Not that God needs help, but that's how He decided that part of the world would run - through angels.

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
He decided that part of the world would run - through angels.
Yes!

I was discussing Angels with another Christian and he basically said that God doesn't need Angels - and I said that he may not need them but he has decided to have them play a part in how he runs his creation, even though he could do it all without them

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Yes!

I was discussing Angels with another Christian and he basically said that God doesn't need Angels - and I said that he may not need them but he has decided to have them play a part in how he runs his creation, even though he could do it all without them
Hey, God has no need for anything. Presumably anything created was created for a purpose.

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Yes, I do as that's an ancient idea in Christianity. Also, there are patron saints that are traditionally chosen for Confirmation in various cultures. That's not why you were diagnosed with schizophrenia, though.