• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greetings from a Watcher in NEPA

I thought I would introduce myself, I am a non denominational student of Earth (and our American Culture) My background of study started with Animism and then later I was introduced to Soto Zen Buddhism for which I am thankful, as ethically it is still my bedrock. I am of Polish/Hispanic/Mexican Native and Anglo Saxon ancestry. I was baptised Roman Catholic, but did not recieve any other Rites. I very rarely go into a Church physically, as I consider where ever we are, Church. However I did attend mass last night. I follow my heart, and do what ever I feel is most ethical at the moment, disregarding dogma or societal norms. I am not a pacifist by any stretch of the imagination (physically or spiritually) But I try to do no harm, and prevent it if the opportunity is obviously mine to do so.

I have studied many world religions, and attempted to look below the surface and find the common heart of them, while hard to define it seems to equate to TCB (Truth, Charity, Bravery)

In practice I do make use of ritual, but always mindful to not depend on ritual, to me it is a gift of spirit and intent, not a bargin.

Of all my spiritual study, I really owe Haitian Vodou and the general worldview, for saving my life, when lets just say, it was shattered. I give thanks to Baron / Mamman Bridgett for thrit support and Love, of all "spiritual entities" It is Baron (Samedi, la Croix, Kriminal) Who have had the most impact on me, and the lessons once understood, restored my freewill, for which I am eternally grateful.

I am in my late 30s, and Biologically male, but essentially genderless mentally, as I have many lingering personality traits from past incarnations as femals, some human, some reptillian. I consider my soul to be that of a Reptillian, a ethical one, to the best of my ability.
I hope to learn, grow and find friends here, of any faith, so long as basic ethics are sound.
-Lucca

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
It's My Birthday!
A hearty welcome to you!

Your life story and experiences sound facinating and rich with valuable lessons. It's great to hear that you have succeeded in reclaiming your freedom from whatever was prohibiting it. Your mention of Vodou and knowledge of it is, in my opinion, a great addition to the community here. It is rarely included in the discourse. In fact I cannot recall anyone during my membership here writing about it.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Hello, and welcome to RF. I hope you enjoy your time on the forum.

iu

Thanks yall, I cannot call myself a Vodou practioner proper, although it is the world view that helped me the most, generally though I recognize symbols as that, and it has greatly enriched my life, to learn atleast from the outside about Lwa.
The Beatles AND Cake? What a Welcome ^_^

exchemist

Veteran Member
I thought I would introduce myself, I am a non denominational student of Earth (and our American Culture) My background of study started with Animism and then later I was introduced to Soto Zen Buddhism for which I am thankful, as ethically it is still my bedrock. I am of Polish/Hispanic/Mexican Native and Anglo Saxon ancestry. I was baptised Roman Catholic, but did not recieve any other Rites. I very rarely go into a Church physically, as I consider where ever we are, Church. However I did attend mass last night. I follow my heart, and do what ever I feel is most ethical at the moment, disregarding dogma or societal norms. I am not a pacifist by any stretch of the imagination (physically or spiritually) But I try to do no harm, and prevent it if the opportunity is obviously mine to do so.

I have studied many world religions, and attempted to look below the surface and find the common heart of them, while hard to define it seems to equate to TCB (Truth, Charity, Bravery)

In practice I do make use of ritual, but always mindful to not depend on ritual, to me it is a gift of spirit and intent, not a bargin.

Of all my spiritual study, I really owe Haitian Vodou and the general worldview, for saving my life, when lets just say, it was shattered. I give thanks to Baron / Mamman Bridgett for thrit support and Love, of all "spiritual entities" It is Baron (Samedi, la Croix, Kriminal) Who have had the most impact on me, and the lessons once understood, restored my freewill, for which I am eternally grateful.

I am in my late 30s, and Biologically male, but essentially genderless mentally, as I have many lingering personality traits from past incarnations as femals, some human, some reptillian. I consider my soul to be that of a Reptillian, a ethical one, to the best of my ability.
I hope to learn, grow and find friends here, of any faith, so long as basic ethics are sound.
-Lucca
What is NEPA and what is a watcher?

What is NEPA and what is a watcher?
North East Pennsylvania (Its own odd world) Watcher can be interpreted by the individual, but generally, like everyone... I am Watching Spacetime unfold on Earth, and am here for reasons I dont always disclose, partly because they may not make sense to everyone, and also...There are many things I focus on in this life, which i regard as but one...And my body a meatsuit, that I am however Very Grateful for.

exchemist

Veteran Member
North East Pennsylvania (Its own odd world) Watcher can be interpreted by the individual, but generally, like everyone... I am Watching Spacetime unfold on Earth, and am here for reasons I dont always disclose, partly because they may not make sense to everyone, and also...There are many things I focus on in this life, which i regard as but one...And my body a meatsuit, that I am however Very Grateful for.
Er, OK.

Right.

[tiptoes carefully away]

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member

-Lucca
Great to meet you!

I look forward to hearing you speak on Vodou!