• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Greatness

Lightkeeper

What is your definition of greatness? How many of us can actually attain it? Some believe we are all born to greatness. Do you agree?

cardero

Citizen Mod
What is your definition of greatness
Greatness I believe is the ability to K(NOW) exactly what our individual PURPOSE is and to fulfill it and to BE comfortable in the knowledge of this fulfillment.

How many of us can actually attain it?

I think that it is attainable by ALL. The only difference I see among different entities is the amount of challenges we choose to put before us before we obtain this greatness.

Some believe we are all born to greatness.
Do you agree?

I believe we are ALL born to greatness but I also believe that if we do not discover or act upon or fulfill our greatness in this lifetime then we do have the opportunity to apply or disregard this PURPOSE in our next incarnation to a physical existence.

martha

I think greatness takes many forms and there are many degrees of greatness. I believe there is greatness in this place,RF's. I believe greatness is compassion and concern for this world and acting upon it. There is greatness in buildings that are used for the benefit of man, like Habitat for Humanity, museums, libraries, hospitals etc. There is not much greatness in buildings created just to turn a profit, unless that profit is used to be helpful to others. There is greatness when a person struggles with a debilitating illness, but perseveres in spite of all the odds against them.
All of us can attain greatness everyday in many little ways. Greatness doesn't have to be big.
Therefore, yes, beloved, we are all called to greatness and yes we are born to it. It is just a matter of taking up the challenges.

Joyfully,
Martha