• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

goths vs preps

Why do most people judge gothic people in this world as the evil beings?All the prep kids at school tease the gothic kids and say there evil but if you think about it the prep kids are the evil ones there the ones judging the goths there the ones that are saying mean and evil things.They say all goths are devil worshipers but honestly on sunday you go to church and you see more goths than you see preps no the preps are at the mall spending there mommys cash.Then after teasing the goths so much they wonder why the goths want to shoot up the school and when the goths do shoot it up all the preps are crying and saying WHY!!! WHY!!! when inside they know why because they couldn't keep there mouths shut and stop judging people for the cloths they wear or the music they listen to.Do you think most of the evil people in this world are evil or just different?

My opinion would be everyone can be evil no matter what music you listen to or what cloths you wear if someone pushes you to the point your gonna flip and the parents try to blame the music like marilyn manson they try to blaim the church of satan they try to blame everything but the people that made them loose it and thats why this keeps happining we have to put a end to this crap!!!!

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
People have always judged people...that's what they do. You're making a judgement yourself by stating that 'Preps' are evil because they don't keep their mouths shut. If you are strong enough in yourself then what others think of you shouldn't matter. If the opinions of others make such a huge difference to you that they'll prompt you to kill someone then you should seriously consider whether you ought to dress in a manner that you know will invite comment.
Physical abuse is a different thing, but you haven't mentioned that, so I assume you're talking teasing here.
It doesn't make it right, but it's a fact of life. Someone making fun of you does not justify going on a shooting rampage. If you think it does, then you have issues that go beyond your dress and musical tastes. As ES pointed out in another thread, what was it, seven out of nine school shooting incidents were attributable to the side effects of medication? Of the other 2 I can't comment, but those 7 - to be on medication - obviously had problems to begin with and weren't thinking rationally when they decided to 'shoot up the school'.

kreeden

Virus of the Mind
When was the last time a Goth shot up a school ? Do they tend to do that more then others ? Never heard that before .

HS666 , when people rebel , agaisnt soceity or whatever , then they should expect a little backlash . I'm not saying that is right or wrong , it is human nature .

You are correct . Evil doesn't dress any one way , nor does it listen to any one type of music .... except perhaps Country & Western { just joking people }.

Melody

hail-satan-666 said:
Why do most people judge gothic people in this world as the evil beings?All the prep kids at school tease the gothic kids and say there evil but if you think about it the prep kids are the evil ones there the ones judging the goths there the ones that are saying mean and evil things.They say all goths are devil worshipers but honestly on sunday you go to church and you see more goths than you see preps no the preps are at the mall spending there mommys cash.Then after teasing the goths so much they wonder why the goths want to shoot up the school and when the goths do shoot it up all the preps are crying and saying WHY!!! WHY!!! when inside they know why because they couldn't keep there mouths shut and stop judging people for the cloths they wear or the music they listen to.Do you think most of the evil people in this world are evil or just different?

My opinion would be everyone can be evil no matter what music you listen to or what cloths you wear if someone pushes you to the point your gonna flip and the parents try to blame the music like marilyn manson they try to blaim the church of satan they try to blame everything but the people that made them loose it and thats why this keeps happining we have to put a end to this crap!!!!
Uh oh....did you just apply the same stereotypes to preps as you were just complaining they did to you? :)

There will always be people who, in their insecurity, feel the need to put others down so they can feel good about themselves. Don't hate them. Pity them. If those around them are being made miserable by their behavior, imagine how miserable they must be having to live with their behavior/thoughts 24/7!

Be secure in yourself that you can look at them, shake your head and just walk away. Life is too short to waste on negative emotion.

Segestan

"Do you think most of the evil people in this world are evil or just different?"

Different.

Evil is a state of mind. The person is a unique entity. Life as we know it; has both pleasant and painful experiences. Goodness can generally be definded through the pleasant feelings. Evil the unpleasant.
Goodness nor evil can ever be eliminated the result would be the end of the world. How can we know love without hate? How can we know Triumph without defeat? How can we respect life without knowing the mortality of our own?
Goodness is an inherent part of every being. It would seem that Pride of Self. Ignorance , greed and need are the prime limitations of a better more perfect society. A society were alls persons finds it advangeous to self; that they respect others.
In ancient times the the society did not provide the individual the means of self survival while respecting the individual. Most civilizations were controled by the land barons , had Militaristic societies. These cultures waged war constantly, for the purposes of maintaining the social order. War was another politic tool for social control and slave labor.
In short ; It has been a very difficult social road that has lead to the formation of a system that gave rights to the individual citizen.
Your hope of ending this " Crap" has been the goal of all peoples for centuries. But the reality is this world Needs , by default, all aspects of the human drama. It is difficult , to contain ones personal rage at times. Life can be very unjust and terrible. You just have to make the best of every day that you can and not worry about the evil thoughts in others persons minds. If you think Good thoughts than your drama will generally move in that direction.

regards,

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
I don't know why a goth decides to become a goth. Through my time, I have seen groups of young people (Yes, I was young too at one time) who wanted to be noticed by society - they wanted to be seen as different, not one of the sheep. :)

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
For my mother it was the Greasers vs. Preps. For me it was the Hoods vs. Preps. Now it is Goths vs. Preps.

This kind of separation runs rampant through most schools. It is the nature of our school system to rank people against each other.

I noticed that once I got out of High School, that which separated us became insignificant. In school, it's about the clothes, or other outer appearances. Outside of school, it's about paying bills, and surviving. I found that those who I saw as 'privilaged' in fact had their own problems, they were just better at covering it up.

Crystallas

heh, to answer the first question, heres a question for you. Why are you judging people that judge people?

Dinogrrl

peeb!
I'll just say this. High school and its miriad of divisions sucks and is all artificial in the end. So why spend so much of your energy worrying over such a small part of your life?

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
Because they have no problem judging so why should I?

Well good, just continue this pointless circle of judging.

*eyes roll out of her head*

If you're going to make a big fuss about how horrid it is to be judged, then why don't you do something to stop it?

Saw11_2000

That's why I try the fine line of Poths or Greps, whatever.

I come in on Monday with my ill "ecko" sweatshirt and then in on Tuesday with the "Gimme a dollar and I'll go away" T-Shirt to balace everything out.

Circle_One

hail-satan-666 said:
Because they have no problem judging so why should I?
This is a ridiculous comment because obviously you DO have a problem with judging, otherwise you wouldn't be complaining about "preps" judging "goths". You, darling, are just as bad as they are but have yet to notice that. You're hating on them for the same reasons you think they are hating on you. Does this make any sense to you? Why fuel this ridiculous redundant circle? Why not just rise above it all and be the bigger person? Or is that too hard for you? People are always going to judge and honestly, do you think you're making one ounce of it better by continuing on just as the people you're complaining about?

And don't you think you're making just as bad and just as annoying assumptions as these "preps" are when you claim they say all "goths" are evil and devil worshippers, by you saying "they're at the mall spending mommy's money?"

Labels are for soup cans, not people.

CaptainXeroid

Following Christ
Circle_One said:
...Labels are for soup cans, not people.
I'm out of Frubals so consider this an IOU. :D I can't speak for others, but my friends and I picked each other in school not by what 'group' we were in, but by common interests and values.

I think people are cautious, sometimes fearful, around people who look, dress, or act different, and that the superficial differences are not always an indicator of who is evil.