• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Google greets me with Happy Summer

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Google greets me with 'Happy Summer', but India is already in the rainy season. Monsoon struck Kerala and has advanced up to Goa. Mets say that Delhi will have its first showers in a weeks time. Our summer starts in March. Spring is earlier than that - Feb.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Google greets me with 'Happy Summer', but India is already in the rainy season. Monsoon struck Kerala and has advanced up to Goa. Mets say that Delhi will have its first showers in a weeks time. Our summer starts in March. Spring is earlier than that - Feb.
A little bit of bias on Google's part.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
one example of the difference between astronomical and meteorological seasons...

I hope the monsoons are sufficient and neither too much nor too little this year!;)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Hope so. It has always been unpredictable around here. Untimely rain: Latest News & Videos, Photos about Untimely rain | The Economic Times

The problem is that we (Indians) have not changed our calendar system in the last 1500 years, whereas it needs a change of one month because of precession of equinox. There is no provision to do it in the Zodiac system (which we adopted after abandoning the 'asterism' system of the Vedas) or in Gregorian system. The last change that we made was sometimes around 600 AD (astronomer - Bhaskara I) when he changed the beginning of the year from Pleiades (Krittikas) to β and γ Arietis (Ashiwini). Now the sun rises in the 'asterism' of γ Pegasi and α Andromedae (Uttara Bhadrapada) on the day of vernal equinox.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Are you sure you can trust the Mets over the Yankees? ;)
I trust only the Indian cricket team, but do not know when the cricket madness will begin again (Indian Premier League - IPL). We may have a curtailed program only for TV transmission.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Summer starts on June 21st

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Perhaps where you are located. Here, the scene is like this:
march_feelnew.jpg

March is the new May: Northern and western India reel due to scorching summer

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
Yeah, that is why the possibility of having this competition. But not likely to happen before rains are over. September? October?