• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

GOD's KITCHEN

Charles

The Human stomach and connecting major organs, being the ultimate design of a Cauldron. Now we have been built in a way that we can survive by nearly eating anything that is Biological thanks to the Creation of This Kitchen, if we eat too much, drink too much, normally, we throw it up (sick), sometimes we will go into shutdown mode, while the body does it's best to overcome that has entered the couldron but cannot for some reason eject, but all in all a marvel.
Now we have another Kitchen, this kitchen is a true Marvel, it has been created to extract oxygen from carbon, and can even extract other gases e.g deep sea divers. Now enters 'SMOKE' does smoking defy the creation of the Lung and it's purpose. It bypasses the stromach and other organs and so you have a pure chemical that have not gone through a treatment process. Now you also have clogging of arteries and the like as we all know. So members, is it personal choice? should it be allowed on the odd occasion? Or does just to inhale defy the creator? I have no choice but to raise the issue with you. I personally used to smoke fourty a day, then slowly cut down, still have the odd one, but each time lately my head spins, as i know i defy my creator by bypassing GODS KITCHEN the Human Stomach, but would love to know members views. Drinking enters the kitchen, so to me is not as bad as LONG as in moderation of course.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Your science is pretty confused.

But if you are saying that smoking is bad for you ... This is true.
If you are saying it is against God's will.... I will say may be... I just don't think it would enter his head that we would chose this way to kill our selves.

Working in asbestos and coal mines was worse for your lungs... but again these were not on God's list of do's and don'ts.

He has given us free will and while he would, no doubt, prefer us not to kill our selves in these ways.... he is not about to interfere.

Some religions equate our bodies with God's temple.... they do not smoke.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
survive by nearly eating anything that is Biological thanks to the Creation of This Kitchen,
I can find plenty of poisonus biological things. Plus lots that offer very little to no nutritional value. Possible just as much, if not more, plants are inedible than edible, or wont do you much good to eat.

What about the pollution you breathe? Just breathing the air is harmful to your health -- if God cares so much about people not harming their bodies -- what is he doing about pollution?

Charles

What about the pollution you breathe? Just breathing the air is harmful to your health -- if God cares so much about people not harming their bodies -- what is he doing about pollution?

Doing the same I would Imagine, even tougher, when money is involved, I wood presume.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Now we have another Kitchen, this kitchen is a true Marvel, it has been created to extract oxygen from carbon, and can even extract other gases e.g deep sea divers.
What on earth are you talking about? The body cannot make any element into another. Carbon is carbon, forever and ever, oxygen is oxygen, forever and ever*. Plants can convert CO2 to O2 and sugar through photosynthesis, but that's because it breaks it down into its component elements (C + O + O) and reforms it (O2), not because it magically changes the carbon to oxygen.

What do you mean by "deep sea divers"?

*Actually, IIRC scientists have been able to make one element another for a few nanoseconds under intense conditions in a lab. But that obviously doesn't apply to our bodies.

Charles

Jaymes, you misunderstood me, extracting a chemical from a combined chemicals, taking a chunk of 'O' from 'CO2'. I still have a funny feeling that the brain could possibly extract a chunk Hydrogen(H) from Water (H2O) electrical impulses of the Brain.
As with the deep sea divers, at depth CO2 becomes to heavy for the lungs to inhale so they have bottles of mixed gases and so start to use a mixture of Gases e.g Helium so the lungs can inhale.

hopefully you will see I was not on about conversion and i can not see where I have said it can?????

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Jaymes, you misunderstood me, extracting a chemical from a combined chemicals, taking a chunk of 'O' from 'CO2'. I still have a funny feeling that the brain could possibly extract a chunk Hydrogen(H) from Water (H2O) electrical impulses of the Brain.
Good lord, I would hope not! Having a H+ ion floating around in you isn't a good thing. Acids are made from H+ ions. I specifically remember studying how our body deals with OH- ions, but not H+ ions... if anyone know anything about that I'd love to learn more. Not to mention you have to expend great amounts of energy to break apart water... and for what use?
As with the deep sea divers, at depth CO2 becomes to heavy for the lungs to inhale so they have bottles of mixed gases and so start to use a mixture of Gases e.g Helium so the lungs can inhale.
This has to do with keeping gases normally dissolved in the blood and tissues (nitrogen, oxygen, etc) from bubbling back up, so to speak, when a diver resurfaces. It has to do with a gas's solubility under pressure, not our bodies changing it from compound to another.

Charles

I hav'nt stated the body changinging it from one compound to another???????????????
At depth Oxygen becomes to dense under pressure that is why helium is used, much, much lighter. Nitrogen in the blood bubbling is the bends, happens when a diver returns to the surface to quickly after being at a certain depth for a certain ammount of time where their has been a nitrogen build up in the blood stream. The Diver hould of stopped at certain stops on way back up to decompress, to slowly release the nitrogen from the bloodstream and muscle tissue.

And the H+, was a theory i just have on why and how possibly electrical impulses come to happen in the Brain, those little sparks we here about must come from some energy source, a ball of electrical impulses so the scientists say the brain is?

'''Deep-sea diving gas helps asthma:

A breathing mixture commonly used by deep-sea divers shows promise for treating asthma attacks. Two studies presented at the European Respiratory Society meeting in Glasgow this week showed a mixture of helium and oxygen was therapeutic.'' TAKEN FROM A BBC NEWS STATEMENT

I hope I have redifined a little, sorry for not being clear

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
I hav'nt stated the body changinging it from one compound to another???????????????
You said the body takes the O out of CO2, right? To my knowledge that's not possible without chlorophyll, which you don't have unless you're a plant.
At depth Oxygen becomes to dense under pressure that is why helium is used, much, much lighter. Nitrogen in the blood bubbling is the bends, happens when a diver returns to the surface to quickly after being at a certain depth for a certain ammount of time where their has been a nitrogen build up in the blood stream. The Diver hould of stopped at certain stops on way back up to decompress, to slowly release the nitrogen from the bloodstream and muscle tissue.
This would probably be something Pete would know more about than I, since I'm not a diver.
And the H+, was a theory i just have on why and how possibly electrical impulses come to happen in the Brain, those little sparks we here about must come from some energy source, a ball of electrical impulses so the scientists say the brain is?
Try actual science next time. The energy from the action potential actually comes from K+ and Na+. As I said before, having H+ floating around in our body anywhere outside the stomach wouldn't be a good thing... acid tends to react badly with tissue.

For clarification, have you ever taken a biology class outside of high school?

Charles

You make me laugh, if you cant see the angle i am coming from, thats your problem, no Biology since fifteen, well since 13, as i never took it as a subject and to be honest with you, without the dreamer, come individual who creates a theory, you would'nt have science or a scientist to prove 'em right or wrong. My best wishes to you, 'my Lord.'

Charles

Pleae explain, how oxygen enters the bloodsream, through the lungs, please tell me how it is that even though their is still some oxygen and other gases,that mainly carbon dioxde comes out when you exhale?????????????

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Pleae explain, how oxygen enters the bloodsream, through the lungs, please tell me how it is that even though their is still some oxygen and other gases,that mainly carbon dioxde comes out when you exhale?????????????
When you inhale, low pressure forces the various gases in the atmosphere (mostly nitrogen, about 20% oxygen) into your lungs. In your lungs there are structures called alveoli, which are sphere-shaped and have capillaries running across them. Because the wall of the capillary is so thin and there is more CO2 than O2 in the blood at this point, passive diffusion happens. The O2 attaches to the hemoglobin, the CO2 enters the air still inside the lungs through passive diffusion, and the blood becomes oxygenated. The blood then goes back to the pulmonary artery, back to the heart, and is pumped all over the body.

No magic changing. Just diffusion with gases in the lungs.

God help me if I don't know this, I studied it enough last quarter. :D

Charles

That is lovely, so we have a dissemination of elements into another region, could that not possibly be a form of extraction? and is their not a possibility of a dissemination of elements to another region in the form of hydrogen happening in the brain, is it possible??

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
That is lovely, so we have a dissemination of elements into another region, could that not possibly be a form of extraction?
Uh... no. It's something going from a high concentration gradient to a low one. It's like dropping food coloring into a glass of water. The food coloring doesn't just stay in one spot... it spreads out because of the concentration gradient. Nothing's being extracted from anything else.
and is their not a possibility of a dissemination of elements to another region in the form of hydrogen happening in the brain, is it possible??
Is it possible? Sure. Does it happen? No. Would you want it to happen? Hell no, I don't want acid sloshing around in my brain!

Charles

Well thats settles that then, let us know when you find out what source of chemical supplies the brain energy, that results in these millions of electric pulses or the like what I've heard about, nice one jaymes well written and very knowledgeable on the subject.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Jaymes, I am very impressed with your information on this subject. Where you a science major?
I'm currently going to school for a biotechnology degree. :)
Spidermaninconflict said:
Well thats settles that then, let us know when you find out what source of chemical supplies the brain energy, that results in these millions of electric pulses or the like what I've heard about, nice one jaymes well written and very knowledgeable on the subject.
I've already mentioned that Na+ and K+ ions are responsible for this. You can read about the mechanism here.