• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods are Mans manifestation of the human condition

Earthling

David Henson

Normally I don't bother reading links unless they are given properly, as reference to an excerpt or an article written by the one offering the link, Soggy's speech appealed to my curiosity so I read it. I enjoyed it, but I don't think that he was employing doublespeak or talking out both sides of his mouth, as they say.

He was giving two distinctly different perspectives on the same subject depending upon the degree of use, or abuse of whiskey. To me he wasn't being hypocritical for political reasons but rather pointing out the hypocrisy of either side of the issue should they not see the other side and so a more realistic and expansive perspective. Both sides of his presentation were accurate.

1AOA1

Every ancient culture has had a God to represent some form of human existence.

That's if the source is called "ancient culture." It's not only what is referenced as God, but ancient, culture, human, existence, Egypt, emotion, desire, animal are also distinct derivations from that source.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
Every ancient culture has had a God to represent some form of human existence. We see this in ancient Egypt and all over especially in the Hellenist civilizations. The Egyptians had hundreds of Gods to represent every calamity, desire, emotion, lifestyle, food, feeling, animal, everything.
Humans are prone to repeat history because most of us are not historians nor can we evolve past our basic human instincts. The only way past this is knowledge. When you can recognize a manifestation in yourself or out in the world you can technically track it and watch it wax and wane, take root, or wither away. Even find its source.

The study of history is the study of human action and reaction and the reasoning behind it. You almost not need to know why but just that it occurred, as humans are predictable and will fall for the same old trick again and again. This is were knowledge of the past comes in handy when you have a world to govern. One variable of occult study is of human behavior, once understood people are able to level the playing field for themselves and even ascend it completely.

The occult just means obscure or hard to understand. Many philosophies are; “The lips of wisdom are closed, except to the ears of Understanding"—The Kybalion.”
Three Initiates, The Kybalion
Every well known spiritual doctrine contains Keys. It is not solitary to any religion or belief.
Easy to say when humans are said to have been created in God's image, and once more these God's they worshipped might have been real to help them get their amazing civilizations going!

tayla

My dog's name is Tayla
Gods are Mans manifestation of the human condition
Yes, gods (lowercase g) are fiction, not expressing reality. They express non-material aspects of human concerns and, as such, they exist within the spiritual realm just as do any other idea or concept or feeling or aspiration.