• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gods and Goddesses

As each Pagan has their own ideas of the representation of the Gods, I have a few questions for you all:

How many Gods and/or Godesses do you follow?

Which God(s) and/or Godess(es) are they?

Do you have any particular reason for following those particular deities?

Have you had an affinity with those particular deities since you became Pagan?

After relating to certain deities, have you latter found a connection with another and "switch" or did you continue honoring both?

Mike182

Flaming Queer
hey! nice to see you round the forums, Sojourner!

i was initially "introduced" to Hecate, and have little/no experience with any others.

my best friend and her boy friend, both pagans, were my first teachers, and they have a strong tie to Hecate.

in my readings and research, i have not yet found any particular male deity (other than Christ, but that's the other half of my weird belief system ;) ) that i can associate with.

I've recently given the concept of "deities" actual contemplation. Luckily, I have the benefit of a great teacher, and after giving me a starting place, I will see what I experience.

Lately I've been giving offerings to Anya, a deity of growth and sunlight, of crops and flowers. Also to Macha, lady of ready truths. Since I aspire to be a farmer of sorts, Anya is a natural fit. And I also want to gain maturity, and better insight into myself; thus my motivations to begin a relationship with Macha.

Does anyone remember being in my shoes? You know, just starting out, offering a prayer or two here and there, half of you wondering if your a fool, the other half hoping and thinking how wonderful this whole "deity" thing might be, if it were real, that is. I hope I'm sparking some nostalgic sympathy here!

Mike182

Flaming Queer
OneStraw Revolutionary said:
I've recently given the concept of "deities" actual contemplation. Luckily, I have the benefit of a great teacher, and after giving me a starting place, I will see what I experience.

Lately I've been giving offerings to Anya, a deity of growth and sunlight, of crops and flowers. Also to Macha, lady of ready truths. Since I aspire to be a farmer of sorts, Anya is a natural fit. And I also want to gain maturity, and better insight into myself; thus my motivations to begin a relationship with Macha.

Does anyone remember being in my shoes? You know, just starting out, offering a prayer or two here and there, half of you wondering if your a fool, the other half hoping and thinking how wonderful this whole "deity" thing might be, if it were real, that is. I hope I'm sparking some nostalgic sympathy here!

Sympathy you have :hug:

if you have any questions, or just want a general chat about pagany things, you are always welcome to PM me :yes:

Those are two deities that I don't recall hearing about. Would you mind sharing more?

It's all part of the learning process. As you learn more, you'll fell more comfortable.