• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God

Draupadi

As usual I have questions :D. This time about the Christian God. Here they are-

1. Are the Father, Son and Holy Spirit combined as one God or separate?

2. Does Their power vary in degree of strength?

3. Did Jesus Christ exist during the times of the OT? I ask this because the Septuagint or some other historical Bible don't mention the Word or Son of God at the beginning of Genesis. The current Bible does but why? And why is it silent about the Holy Spirit?

4. Why did Yahweh said that He was one in the OT and suddenly became triune in NT?

5. Can you provide the verses from the Bible which says that the Holy Spirit is also God?

Thank you.

Thana

Lady
1 - Depends on who you ask. Being a Christian can mean many things, As there are hundreds of denominations. Personally, I believe that there is a Trinity (God, Son and The Holy Spirit) are one, Are God. It's a hard thing to describe however, Because it's hard to comprehend One being that is also three seperate entities.

2 - No.

3 - Jesus always existed. Just read the rest of John 1
John 1:1
" In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God."

4 - The Trinity is one, though. The three are one, The one God.

5 -

1 Corinthians 12:4-6

" There are different kinds of gifts, but the same Spirit distributes them.There are different kinds of service, but the same Lord. There are different kinds of working, but in all of them and in everyone it is the same God at work."

2 Corinthians 13:14
"May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all."

1 Corinthians 3:16
"Don’t you know that you yourselves are God’s temple and that God’s Spirit dwells in your midst?"

You also need to remember that as I said, There are many denominations and many different answers when you ask about Christianity. If you're interested in Christianity you should search for yourself and come up with your own conclusions.

Draupadi

But Thana I have said before that the ancient Bible doesn't mention the Word as being God. Currently I am writing from the mobile. When I will be on the PC I will give you the verse.

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.

3. Did Jesus Christ exist during the times of the OT? I ask this because the Septuagint or some other historical Bible don't mention the Word or Son of God at the beginning of Genesis. The current Bible does but why? And why is it silent about the Holy Spirit?

4. Why did Yahweh said that He was one in the OT and suddenly became triune in NT?

5. Can you provide the verses from the Bible which says that the Holy Spirit is also God?

Thank you.

1) One. God includes creation within, and of, Himself. Creation itself is the Son. The Holy Spirit refers to God's energy or will, causing reality to exist as it does. Often, according to intended purpose, it refers directly to righteousness-- hence, 'Holy'.

2) Yes. We are limited in power-- however everything occurs directly according to God's will, and God's will is not able to be subverted.

3) Jesus was born of Mary. He didn't exist as the man described in the New Testament until his birth. His spirit was an inheritance from God-- specifically his mother, father, society- as is everyone elses'. The Holy Spirit is mentioned beginning in Genesis, hovering over the face of the deep; it is also mentioned in various other places.

4) The same way we divide time into three parts; past, present, and future- so it served a purpose to describe God in the triune manner. It does not mean God is three, instead of one. As limited creations, we submit to such illusory perceptions such as these.

5) I could.

Last edited:

kjw47

Thank you.

Jesus, Paul, Peter, John--all in agreement---Jesus has a God like we do and will be in subjection to him forever after handing back the kingdom( 1Corinthians 15:24-28)----John 20:17,Rev 3:12----2Cor 1:3, 1Cor 8:6---- 1Peter 1:3---Rev 1:6---
As well Jesus taught this important truth--John 4:22-24---true worshippers will worship the Father in spirit and truth and the hour is now. The Father=YHVH(Jehovah)

Trinity religions do not teach Jesus' truths---it exposes them as false.

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One

not according to Christian scriptures, no.

But the church's do not take all their teachings from the bible... they have adopted the teachings of pagan philosophers and other religions.

Holy spirit is Gods power. So holy spirit comes from God.

Jesus is a created being and has been bestowed with power... but he is not as powerful as God.

Jesus did exist prior to becoming a human. He was originally Gods chief spokesman, an angel of God. He was Gods first creation.

He is not mentioned by name in the hebrew scriptures...only by his position as an angel. The hebrew scriptures tell us the name of the chief angel of heaven as being Michael the Arch angel. This arch angel came to earth to be born as a human and in human form he was called 'Jesus'

The holy spirit is mentioned throughout the scriptures... from the opening verses
Genesis 1:1-31 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 Now the earth was formless and desolate, and there was darkness upon the surface of the watery deep, and God’s active force (spirit) was moving about over the surface of the waters.

its spoken of as a 'force' or a 'power' ...its not a person.

because christians came to teach false doctrines which are not based on the Christian scriptures (NT)
They take verses out of context and twist the meaning of others to try and fit with their false teachings.

Thank you.

they wont be able to do that because the bible does not say such a thing.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon

I believe they are physically distinct from one another, but are "one God" in terms of will, purpose, mind and heart. In other words, I think of "God" as a "Godhead" made up of three divine beings who are absolutely and perfectly united as one in every regard except physical essence.

No, they all have the same power. The Son and the Holy Ghost are subordinate to the Father within the Godhead in the same way that a Colonel is subordinate to a General. They are not, however, inferior beings.

I believe that Jesus Christ is the same individual referred to in the Old Testament as Jehovah. I do not believe that Jehovah is God the Father but the pre-mortal Jesus Christ.

My answer to your first question ought to clear that up. As an analogy, a greeting card intended for a newlywed couple may say something like, "Now you two are one." Well, we all know that a married couple is comprised of two individuals, not just one. But we also hope for every married couple that they are "one" in their goals and values.

I don't believe there are any verses that state that explicitly, but He is referred to as being part of the Godhead.