• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God, Satan, Evil, and Absolute Authority Comes From Within

dfnj

If another thread I recently had a discussion about the source of evil in the World. As part of the discussion I made the claim "absolute authority comes from within". The person I was talking with made the comment people are sometimes influenced by evil spirits and they do not even realize it. This got me thinking and this thread is the result.

My claim is absolute authority comes from within. Anyone who tells you differently is either trying to sell you something or enlist you as part of the power structure of their cult. This is what Satan does by being a master manipulator in getting people to look outside of themselves for the answers. Satan wants to be the only authority in charge. Any words or doctrine trying to get people to kneel to authority with blind obedience and loyalty is evil in my opinion.

This video clip always gives me chills. People who are NOT in line with Satan's ideology are actively sharing power and giving power to others as opposed to getting people to kneel to authority with blind obedience and loyalty.

If you can't trust yourself then how do you know someone else or some other source is NOT being influenced by evil spirits. We just know in our hearts if we are about to do something someone else might consider to be evil. It is this feeling or inner voice which I claim is the best authority for governing our actions. The problems with looking outside of ourselves is this will inevitably lead to mistakes of interpretation or direct manipulation by others.

Evil does not come from outside of ourselves. The source of evil comes from our human imperfections. Our human imperfections cause us to have needs and desires. It is our needs and desires which are the source of all that is evil in the World. Therefore we, human beings, are the source of all that is evil in the World.

Whereas God is perfect, whole, and complete. Since God is perfect, whole, and complete God has no needs or desires. Since God does not have any needs or desires God is absolute goodness in the highest possible degree.

If we aspire to be like God then we would try to live our lives with the least amount of needs and desires. Since our needs and desires are the source of all that is evil in the World. Or, if we cannot keep them to a minimum then we need to find a way to satisfy them in such a way that it does not create any evil. To deny or suppress our needs and desires only amplifies them making matters worse in the end.

Words and ideas only exist in our minds. They do not exist in reality. Where as acts of evil do exist and occur in reality. Evil spirits are not the source of evil in my opinion and way of thinking. The fundamental problem of evil is it is based on a subjective opinion on what is to be consider evil or good. This is why I've come to the conclusion how we practice our religion or just saying magic words does not absolve us of our sins. Blaming our sins on evil spirits is irrelevant.

The only way to attain absolution for our sins is by getting forgiveness from the people we have actually sinned against (which is dependent on their minds based on their subjective judgments and opinions). My way of thinking about sin is much more anthropocentric and much more difficult to live a morally good life. You have to take very good care of your relationships with others in order to achieve salvation. Just saying magic words or doing a church ritual is not enough.

So here is the key test of the thread. You have to ask yourself if what I am saying is BS because the Bible or the church is telling you something different. In other words, by thinking what I am saying is BS you are looking outside of yourself for your authority on this subject. Or, can you trust your own inner authority and agree with the idea the only way to be absolved of sin is by getting forgiveness from the person you have sinned against. Some people are just incapable of trusting their own inner authority to make this leap.

When you create suffering in others you will inevitably live a life of suffering. Our brains have a nasty way of punishing our hubris with self-inflicting wounds. Each of us is solely responsible for our own absolution and ultimately our own salvation. Anyone who tells you differently is trying to sell you something or trying to get you to join their cult of power.

If you disagree with what I am saying just remember no matter what you say you cannot shake my conviction absolute authority comes from within. This is one of my bedrock beliefs. No outside source can be fully trusted. We are ultimately responsible for who we are as a human being.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
matter what you say you cannot shake my conviction absolute authority comes from within. This is one of my bedrock beliefs. No outside source can be fully trusted.

Then you should not have started this thread in a 'debate' area but rather perhaps as a 'journal' posting.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
If you disagree with what I am saying just remember no matter what you say you cannot shake my conviction absolute authority comes from within. This is one of my bedrock beliefs. No outside source can be fully trusted. We are ultimately responsible for who we are as a human being.

That's fine by me but it doesn't mean the individual is conscious of that authority.

As far as I'm concerned, those "evil spirits" is just the unconscious mind trying to manipulate the conscious self. So it's all within, but that doesn't necessarily me the individual has conscious control over it.

The unconscious mind creates desires and feelings which consciously we can sometimes resists and sometimes not. The unconscious mind is very, very smart at manipulating the conscious self. It knows how to push your buttons. There is a constant struggle within that what we'd consider "good" doesn't always win.

However, although there is nothing outside of ourselves to blame, neither can we lay the blame entirely at the feet of the self identity we are conscious of.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I tend to agree that we are ultimately responsible for who we are as individual human beings. However, I don't think it would require belief in God or Satan to realize this. I'm not sure if there's really such a thing as "Good" and "Evil," other than observations and perceptions we might hold based on our moral teachings.

As for the source of evil in the world (if there is one), I think that it does come from within, but we also have to consider the context and circumstances. If you see dogs fighting over a piece of meat, is there something "evil' going on? They're hungry through no fault of their own, and they want to eat. They need to eat so badly that they're ready to do violence to each other so they can survive.

That kind of sums up what humans do to each other, even if our societies are more complex and sophisticated. All through human history, we've had to play the hand we've been dealt - and much of it never really came from within humans, neither as individuals or as a species. We had to evolve and adapt to become what we are, for better or worse. We even had to figure out what "Good" and "Evil" were on our own - and even then, it seemed to take a while before we ever got a clear idea. (And maybe we still have some work to do in that department.)

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Humans learnt that evil was a human who lied, manipulated by lying and coerced to the detriment of life existing on Earth.

By a variation of fake teachings in the evil status science. For science using mass radiation that does not support natural life......which is observed by life being attacked in the state science/converting cold mass.

Where the human owned teachings came about from about being good and supportive as a human family extended community. Seeing 2 human being parents cannot give birth to all children living today. So humans are an extended family group on our owned Planet O Earth or God Earth.

Claiming we are children of God for one human holy self purpose, for the scientist who believes in destroying and converting God conjured evil by holding of artificial radiation constants that burn unnatural images into the atmospheric cold gases.

What we learnt as a human about good and evil in a natural spiritual human being life.

Where a human speaking a human truth says, I do not exist anywhere else accept in self presence...as a human and I am a spiritual being and a holy being in my owned self presence. And be speaking the ONLY truth.

A human being ought to stop lying to self in its owned storytelling or theming.

Being what was stated to be human EVIL intention...to tell lies about natural conditions.

Humans know that 2 human being parents as humans have sex, sperm and an ovary create a baby. If they think that humanity has become evil and depraved due to radiation conditions then humans as adults own a choice. Whether to bring that innocent baby life into being. As a human telling its reality and owned truth.

We know that we live as a human and we die as a human. What truth we do know and claim honour God the Earth planet as our life support.

As a very simple human truth.

We eat, we drink, we are meant to breathe fresh air. We are meant to be the same and equal.

So then we look at ourselves and our human history and then tell stories about chosen human evils. Science and radiation fall out that evil chosen history of humans as scientists.

And then know why we are sick and not healthy and why the atmospheric condition does not support our Nature....as a very simple natural and correct human truth.

Without any coercive lying...what we always taught was human owned evil. To tell lies in a natural condition about natural.