• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God rejection?

syo

Huh??

That makes no sense. Humans who dont follow god (abrahamic) dont receive his loving, care, and all of that. That doesnt mean they are murderous because they dont follow; thats silly. You just called thousands of people murderers without a loving heart apart from god.

Also, many murders have came to believe in god. Many loving people dont even believe he exists to begin with.

Your statement is highly one-sided.
Priests who want followers say that following God means ''say you follow him with your mouth'' and that's it. But these are priests, they want followers.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Huh??

That makes no sense. Humans who dont follow god (abrahamic) dont receive his loving, care, and all of that. That doesnt mean they are murderous because they dont follow; thats silly. You just called thousands of people murderers without a loving heart apart from god.

Also, many murders have came to believe in god. Many loving people dont even believe he exists to begin with.

Your statement is highly one-sided.
It is a version of the No True Scotsman Fallacy. It allows him to disavow fellow Christian and other believers that are guilty of those acts.

Hmm, I could say the exact same thing for atheists. I wonder how convinced he would be.

`mud

Just old
Premium Member
From rejection of `God` to following `God` with excluding blood with isolated questions leave me confused as usual. Can anyone explain this thread please ?

syo

How does the question relate to my original comment?

I usually don't answer isolated questions because the intent is usually mixed.
Whenever anyone does a good thing they accept God, because God is Goodness. Whenever anyone does an evil thing they reject God.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Whenever anyone does a good thing they accept God, because God is Goodness. Whenever anyone does an evil thing they reject God.

You cannot reject something that does not exist. Your actions evil or not doesnt affect nor change that point. There must be a god (christian god, lets say) first before you can judge who is rejectng and who is not.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Yes, actually.

To see the injustice and insanity, consider things from the perspective of the driver of the bus... who would be your analogy's equivalent to God.

If a bus driver decided that, because I had wronged him in some way, he was going to speed his bus around the city until he ran somebody down, doesn't matter who... then yes, that would be insane. It would also have nothing to do with justice.

I understand, but we need to redact your "I had wronged him in some way," to the list at A List of Sins from the Bible

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
So you think that if I, say, covet something that belongs to my neighbour, that would make it morally good for the bus driver to decide to mow down someone?

Edit: as I said earlier, this is insane.

The difference between shooting a President and shooting a neighbor is jail time. Human beings who have broken God's laws thousands of times during the course of a lifetime are more severely punished than those who assault a President.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
The difference between shooting a President and shooting a neighbor is jail time. Human beings who have broken God's laws thousands of times during the course of a lifetime are more severely punished than those who assault a President.
Unless they're Christians, in which case, God is happy to inflict the punishment on someone else who didn't do anything wrong, which satisfies God's bloodlust.

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Unless they're Christians, in which case, God is happy to inflict the punishment on someone else who didn't do anything wrong, which satisfies God's bloodlust.

God's bloodlust must be less than yours, since:

1) He killed one to substitute for billions, to die in the place of billions

2) You are obsessed with issues of bloodlust

3) You are obsessed with punishments, possibly some neurosis from childhood trauma, because no one, not even a hardened atheist, can be as pessimistic and nihilistic as you are

Change your mind, lighten up, smoke a joint, chill out.

DPMartin

There is no God of Jesus Christ, of Christianity. If there is a God, he/she is not knowable via any revealed religion or revealed spiritual path.

if you I accept what is provably true, and reject what is provably false, then prove what you've just posted.