• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God, Predestination, and Purpose

kimfuge

Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to this site, and I'd like to start off with a question I have had for a very long time. In regards to predestination, Why did God (if He really exists) create us in the first place? For sure, He had the ability to see our destinations - and the flaw Adam and Even would eventually make. Even further, He would have seen that more people ending up at hell than receiving everlasting life. If then, why did He decide to create us? He did want to create sentient beings that would be make decisions on their own - creatures that can actually decide to love God and follow his ways, unlike a robot for example. Eventually, all the good people will be resurrected, and they will be in a spiritually flawless state once they enter heaven. In the presence of God, no sin can exist, and ipsofactor everyone receiving resurrection will be what we call perfects. If this was the state God wanted us to be in, why couldn't He create us in this form in the first place? After all, if that is to be the state we are to be, then why does He have make mankind go all through this with more people eventually ending up in hell? Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

CMIYC

Do you really think if god did truly exist, he would judge us on wisdom we enquired over our short life time, while he had an eternity to enquire his wisdom? I don’t think so, this would be in conflict with all loving and fair god. What the bible tells me Hell is eternal death, heaven is eternal life.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
kimfuge said:
Hi everyone, I'm relatively new to this site, and I'd like to start off with a question I have had for a very long time. In regards to predestination, Why did God (if He really exists) create us in the first place? For sure, He had the ability to see our destinations - and the flaw Adam and Even would eventually make. Even further, He would have seen that more people ending up at hell than receiving everlasting life. If then, why did He decide to create us? He did want to create sentient beings that would be make decisions on their own - creatures that can actually decide to love God and follow his ways, unlike a robot for example. Eventually, all the good people will be resurrected, and they will be in a spiritually flawless state once they enter heaven. In the presence of God, no sin can exist, and ipsofactor everyone receiving resurrection will be what we call perfects. If this was the state God wanted us to be in, why couldn't He create us in this form in the first place? After all, if that is to be the state we are to be, then why does He have make mankind go all through this with more people eventually ending up in hell? Any responses would be appreciated. Thanks guys!
Hi kimfuge,

if you can't work something out, just ask,someone here can show you where the bathroom is, and the bar........:D

You might like to have a look at :- Articles for New Members ; from there, there is a link
-to the forum rules, which you ought to see

You might also like to post on:- Are you new to ReligiousForums.com? to introduce yourself to the members who have not seen this post.

Well, I look forward to seeing you around - and I hope you enjoy it here!;)