• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God lies in the bible

Me Myself

Back to my username
Which verse did he say that in?

Jonah said God said it. Either God lied to Jonah or Jonah lied about the word of God. Would that be so, God would have known that to be going to happen before selecting jonah and would have effectively selected as a speaker someone he knew was going to said what was said. So still, the same problem.

Pastek

Sunni muslim
It's like when an adult say to a kid : i will punish you

If the kid repents and become kind why would the adult punish him ?

I think it shows that if you change and act in a good way, then God can change your bad condition (punishement).
If God still have decided to punish them, you'd probably have thought that it's injust.

Me Myself

Back to my username
It's like when an adult say to a kid : i will punish you

If the kid repents and become kind why would the adult punish him ?

I think it shows that if you change and act in a good way, then God can change your bad condition (punishement).
If God still have decided to punish them, you'd probably have thought that it's injust.

The adult is not omniscient. If he were, he would be lying when he says he will punish anyone if he knew that was not going to happen.