• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is love but also a consuming Fire

74x12

God is love. However, it's good to remember He's also a holy, consuming Fire. So how to cope with such a holy God? Become inflammable.

It's not that God wants everyone and everything around Him to burn; but He is what He is. As is true "I Am what I Am". He is a holy, consuming Fire. No wonder He tells people "Be ye holy for I am holy". The word holy means "set apart". So if you want to live with God; that's what you do. You set yourself apart from the pollution of this present world. And this world will surely melt with a fervent heat. However, true holiness begins within.

And God does care. He wants people to live with Him forever. But only the pure can stand in His presence. So, He sent Jesus the atonement for our sins. Why would God need Jesus' blood just to forgive us? It is to satisfy His fiery nature. On one hand God desires to forgive; but must satisfy the consuming Fire which demands justice. So what to do? God is trapped because He has to destroy us against His own will! --His will is to show us mercy-- But love has a way. God came in the likeness of a human being to die for our sins. So we may be forgiven. Jesus blood is proof of the true love of God.

So then, that's why I say that God is love; but also a consuming Fire.

MonkeyFire

The nature of fire is belief. An all sustaining life force. Its represented by st. Michael the archangel.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
God is love; but also a consuming Fire.

I once wrote this to honor God's fiery nature:

Fire Prayer

Once I marched up mountain peaks
and down valley depths.

Now standing on the edge of the world,
I see you
flying from spring's sun.

You are harbinger and new birth:
the daughter of the sun.

It's time for fire's promise
to be fulfilled.

Come. I am ready. Come.

Your wings are ablaze.
Fire streams from each feather.
Soft fireworks banish darkness.

Your passage turns clouds
into white roses
drifting gently to the Earth.

Oh come. Come now.

Your fire opal eyes,
moons lit from the sun,
are beacons in the night.

Beloved,
my prison cell heart is open at last.
I am waiting for you.

You are phoenix,
dragon
and dove
in one incandescent form.

You are God's fire dove.
Your fiery snow white feathers
will burn me
with gentle flaming caresses.

You are God's fire dragon,
a transforming inferno,
clutching the pearl
in your right claw.

Your phoenix fire
will free the butterfly
from the cocoon
and set it ablaze.

Dearest one,
fly through my body.
Burn channels of fire
so that love might flow.

Burn me
in joyous agony.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
The alluded to verses refer to a fire that spreads without burning things. Its something that looks fiery but doesn't destroy. It only cleans things like a fire does, so its like a special human-friendly fire. Imagine all of the good things about fire: warmth, purification and light but without the accompanying danger and destruction.

syo

However, it's good to remember He's also a holy, consuming Fire. So how to cope with such a holy God? Become inflammable
True. The bad guys don't stand the holy fire when they join god and they burn.that is why hell is an inferno. god's body becomes an inferno for criminals, while the good guys feel holy fire as a pleasant breeze. that is why satan doesnot rule hell. hell is god's body/fire that the wicked can't stand.