• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is Equal... So who will be greatest in his kingdom?

Etritonakin

I thought to write this because am troubled by the present tensions and conflict in the world.
I write from the perspective of my beliefs in order to make a point, but I understand not everyone believes similarly.

Presently, there is much tension surrounding the existence of the state of Israel, which is not expected to decrease. I believe what is written in the old and new testaments concerning what will happen in that area in the future, but wanted to differentiate between what will happen on an earthly level, and what will happen on a Godly level.
Certain things are prophesied concerning the conflicts between nations -including that Judah would fight at Jerusalem for some time, and the inhabitants of Jerusalem would be defended by the Messiah.
However, on a Godly level, a great multitude from all nations will be made immortal at that time.

(I should also point out that I would not care who God chose to do what at any time, and am not for one nation over another [not to say I would act against my country] -because the end is good for all, and that is my overall point here)

Human nations will continue to exist on Earth, but those from all nations who are made immortal then will be the government under the Messiah. However, that is only the beginning. All from every nation have the opportunity to be made immortal -and to govern the entire creation. It is written that both the heavens and the Earth were formed to be inhabited. It is also written that of the increase of his government there will be no end -so it is probable that all human nations will continue to produce offspring which will eventually become immortal.

My point is that striving over the Earth is nothing compared to what God wants to give us all -and that while certain things will happen on Earth in a certain order, it is to bring good things to all.
Concerning the Jews or Israel being God's "chosen" people... they were chosen for a purpose -and to be the first to experience certain things both bad and good -but were not chosen to be over other peoples.

Rom 2:9 Tribulation and anguish, upon every soul of man that doeth evil, of the Jew first, and also of the Gentile; Rom 2:10 But glory, honour, and peace, to every man that worketh good, to the Jew first, and also to the Gentile:

Eze 33:17 Yet the children of thy people say, The way of the Lord is not equal: but as for them, their way is not equal. Eze 33:18 When the righteous turneth from his righteousness, and committeth iniquity, he shall even die thereby. Eze 33:19 But if the wicked turn from his wickedness, and do that which is lawful and right, he shall live thereby.

God is no respecter of persons, but of righteousness -and those who will govern in his kingdom will not govern as in human kingdoms -they will truly and effectively serve for the benefit of those governed. They will actually serve them -but also not as it is done now in the world.
While the human nation of Israel is prophesied to have portions of land around Jerusalem in the future, that is nothing compared to becoming immortal -which will also begin happening at that time -and will include people of all nations. The human nation of Israel will help administer the government of God on Earth from around Jerusalem -but immortals from all nations will administer the government of God to them.
That is called the first resurrection -and also a better resurrection -but there is another resurrection after a thousand years for all who have ever lived. It is resurrection to judgment, but that judgment is part of a process which will prepare them for immortality. There is a fire -but people will be purified and saved by it.

1Co 3:13 Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is.
1Co 3:14 If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward.
1Co 3:15 If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fire.

The meek shall inherit the Earth -but there are many more worlds, and an eternity in which to inhabit them and create in peace and happiness.
There is no need for conflict or strife -there is infinite time, space and resources for all.

Ps 2:1 Why are the nations in an uproar And the peoples devising a vain thing?

Isa_45:18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

Again -I know that not everyone believes similarly, but this is what I think about when considering the present situation.
What will happen will happen -regardless of present beliefs -but I hope realizing that God is God and we are all humans with a common future will cause as much peace as can be between nations in the present.

Rev 7:9 After this I beheld, and, lo, a great multitude, which no man could number, of all nations, and kindreds, and people, and tongues, stood before the throne, and before the Lamb, clothed with white robes, and palms in their hands; Rev 7:10 And cried with a loud voice, saying, Salvation to our God which sitteth upon the throne, and unto the Lamb.

Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

What are some other beliefs concerning the future of all humans and human nations?

Last edited:

Taylor Seraphim

Angel of Reason
I thought to write this because am troubled by the present tensions and conflict in the world.
I write from the perspective of my beliefs in order to make a point, but I understand not everyone believes similarly.

If you did not want to debate this you put this in the wrong section.

Etritonakin

If you did not want to debate this you put this in the wrong section.
I don't mind debating it -or if it is debated by others, but if there is a more appropriate place to post it, I will do so.

I added a question at the end to help the debate thing along....

buddhist

What are some other beliefs concerning the future of all humans and human nations?
Morality and the human lifespan will continue to decrease until even the Dhamma and the memory of our historical Gotama Buddha will disappear. Metteya will incarnate on Earth after that, and rediscover the Dhamma and become the new Buddha. Eventually morality will again continue to decline, until hundreds of thousands of years from now, new suns will progressively appear, each causing increasing destruction on the Earth until its flames reaches Brahma's heaven at the appearance of the seventh sun. The universe will contract, causing the destruction of all planes of existence up to the Brahma heaven; eventually a new universe will be formed and begin to expand.

Etritonakin

Morality and the human lifespan will continue to decrease until even the Dhamma and the memory of our historical Gotama Buddha will disappear. Metteya will incarnate on Earth after that, and rediscover the Dhamma and become the new Buddha. Eventually morality will again continue to decline, until hundreds of thousands of years from now, new suns will progressively appear, each causing increasing destruction on the Earth until its flames reaches Brahma's heaven at the appearance of the seventh sun. The universe will contract, causing the destruction of all planes of existence up to the Brahma heaven; eventually a new universe will be formed and begin to expand.

I'm too impatient for all of that :)

arthra

Baha'i

Around 1868 there was a Persian exile and prisoner in the Ottoman empire in the prison colony of Akka that addressed the rulers of His day urging them to convene a representative world parliament and an international court of arbitration to settle disputes. He also called upon these rulers to reduce the expenditure on weapons of war. What He was suggesting even at the time before the disastrous world wars of the twentieth century was a path toward world peace.

See:

http://bahai-library.com/bahaullah_summons_lord_hosts

His principles included: the elimination of race prejudice... the oneness of humanity. The equality of men and women: The total abolition of slavery. Universal education for the all the children of the planet.

If we as a specie of intelligent life are to survive on this earth we will need these principles and teachings.

Etritonakin

Around 1868 there was a Persian exile and prisoner in the Ottoman empire in the prison colony of Akka that addressed the rulers of His day urging them to convene a representative world parliament and an international court of arbitration to settle disputes. He also called upon these rulers to reduce the expenditure on weapons of war. What He was suggesting even at the time before the disastrous world wars of the twentieth century was a path toward world peace.

See:

http://bahai-library.com/bahaullah_summons_lord_hosts

His principles included: the elimination of race prejudice... the oneness of humanity. The equality of men and women: The total abolition of slavery. Universal education for the all the children of the planet.

If we as a specie of intelligent life are to survive on this earth we will need these principles and teachings.

Do you believe men can achieve such -or that it will be achieved otherwise?

We may know what needs to be done, but convincing all people at once -and then successive generations -is another issue.

The plan outlined in the bible solves these issues by providing a capable world ruler in Christ, a government of humans made immortal (as longevity/permanence is necessary) under him who have been purified to live and teach the ways of peace to successive human generations, and eventual purification and immortality for all of them.

Hag 2:7And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come: and I will fill this house with glory, saith the LORD of hosts

Isaiah 2
…...." For the law will go forth from Zion And the word of the LORD from Jerusalem. 4And He will judge between the nations, And will render decisions for many peoples; And they will hammer their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not lift up sword against nation, And never again will they learn war.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I don't mind debating it -or if it is debated by others, but if there is a more appropriate place to post it, I will do so.

I added a question at the end to help the debate thing along....
well....negating the superlatives from the very start.....
God is equal?

I don't think that will work

Thief

Rogue Theologian
in the scheme of superlatives....
biggest, fastest, strongest, most intelligent and greatly experienced.....

Someone fits this description better than all others.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
I don't understand where Rogue is getting the idea that God isn't about equality. We are all intended to be equal --a t least according to biblical tenet. Our conflicts of inequality may be perceived as "holy" or "just" war, but they are not, at least in the Christian view.

Etritonakin

I don't understand where Rogue is getting the idea that God isn't about equality. We are all intended to be equal --a t least according to biblical tenet. Our conflicts of inequality may be perceived as "holy" or "just" war, but they are not, at least in the Christian view.

in the scheme of superlatives....
biggest, fastest, strongest, most intelligent and greatly experienced.....

Someone fits this description better than all others.

In that sense, God is the "biggest, fastest, strongest, most intelligent and greatly experienced" -but also just.... and is the only one qualified for his position due to his nature -the fact that he does hold that position, etc....

God allowed things to become imbalanced in order to bring things to a new and greater state of balance -which is essentially the case when creating anything.
Also, in terms of injustice, what is not equal on this side of the equation will be balanced on the other side of the equation -which is why it is said that the first will be last, the last first, etc... and that God is equal.

We have been allowed to experience both justice and injustice -good and evil -so that we ourselves can become balanced individuals capable of maintaining balance, order, justice, etc.

God ceased to do so to a certain degree, that we might eventually learn to do so ourselves -that we might master it in preparation for access to the entire creation.

In one sense, there will always be individuals greater or lesser in some respects -bigger, faster, stronger.... -but we will be equal in justice, so that the stronger will not oppress the weaker, but the stronger will make the weaker stronger, the slower faster, etc... so the greater will serve the lesser -to make them greater.

Also, we will have eternity to become greater, and to change our present states. We will have forever to become whatever, so present states will be seen to be the temporary states which they truly are.

The lesser may surpass the greater in any number of ways, any number of times.

It is written that man was made a little lower than the angels, but will eventually be greater than the angels -even judging their affairs. Even if that state of authority is then permanent, the state of the angels may become greater.

So -as we are to be creators -we will continually move things and ourselves from one state of equilibrium to another, and as we will have learned to be just, any state will be a pleasant one -regardless of governmental structure.

Our wars are generally due to some being unjust, and some fighting injustice.
People do not generally rise up against powers because people want to be of a very different state.
It is usually because powers are not allowing them to be comfortable in their present state -or to improve their state as necessary or as desired.
Happiness and contentment can be had in any present state as long as there is justice.

We will be equal in mutual respect and fair treatment regardless of present state.

Rom 12:10 Love one another with brotherly affection. Outdo one another in showing honor.

Last edited: