• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God is an Atheist

Cooky

Veteran Member
Gnosis isn't a church. It's a path (spiritual). Discussed, not taught. The word priest is a negative one in all gospels and Paul's 10 letters. Only Hebrews, a pastoral and Revelations reviews priests as a source of "light". And no one knows who wrote them. Probably catholic sympathizers (according to scholars).

There are no priests. Only elders. The job of an elder is to guide one to find the truth for themselves, not to as much teach it. I can tell you what 40 years has taught me (about religions, as I was of orthodox thought for 20+ years), but it's your job to verify, seek and see the revealing for yourself. IOW, don't follow me as I don't follow another man. Can you honestly say you follow certain men (priests?) when they tell you what to do, then some go and sin themselves?

Follow what is sinless. Spirit. You can know it as well as any man who calls himself "priest". Even better, if you so choose.

There's a catholic monk here in the catholic DIR. He's very wise. We call him Brother, and I think he has prayed for me and he asks others to pray for him.

Catholic DIR

...I've also come across some bishops like Thomas Olmstead, and he was very wise too. You can sense something very special about certain people -not because they're perfect, but because of their humbleness.

Thanks for what you have offered me as well! :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Sanzbir

If God doesn't believe in any other gods does that make God an atheist?

Do you call the crazy people who believe they are God atheists?? :p

"Atheist" typically means "no belief in the existence of any god". If a god believes in itself, it is not an atheist.

dfnj

so your god is separate from self and male?

I believe in the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics where the Universe is God's way of realizing His omnipotence. So with this premise the answer to your question is God is both separate and not separate and both male and non-male. An omnipotent God is all things in reality but is a specific thing as a function of subjective perception or specific subjective judgment.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Do you call the crazy people who believe they are God atheists?? :p

"Atheist" typically means "no belief in the existence of any god". If a god believes in itself, it is not an atheist.

there are different types of atheists. atheists tend to believe in themselves.

i believe in myself and something greater than myself too. some call it a universe; which i am a part of of, or the universe is in me and i am in the universe. i don't believe in a universe, or god, apart/separate from myself.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe in the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics where the Universe is God's way of realizing His omnipotence. So with this premise the answer to your question is God is both separate and not separate and both male and non-male. An omnipotent God is all things in reality but is a specific thing as a function of subjective perception or specific subjective judgment.
only the All, or Absolute can be independent of itself.

(1) THE ALL must be ALL that REALLY IS. There can be
nothing existing outside of THE ALL, else THE ALL would
not be THE ALL.

alan watts said something similar to your god realizing itself. however the omnipotence would exist in it's omniscience too

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
People who author dictionaries do not define the meaning of words.
didn't say they did. they simply record the varying definitions of a word.

again language is moot; if we start making up our own personal idiolects

Phantasman

There's a catholic monk here in the catholic DIR. He's very wise. We call him Brother, and I think he has prayed for me and he asks others to pray for him.

Catholic DIR

...I've also come across some bishops like Thomas Olmstead, and he was very wise too. You can sense something very special about certain people -not because they're perfect, but because of their humbleness.

Thanks for what you have offered me as well! :)
Ephesians:
17 That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him:

QuestioningMind

If God doesn't believe in any other gods does that make God an atheist?

I am the LORD, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. I will strengthen you, though you have not acknowledged me,

It's my understanding that Hebrews/Christians were actually the very first atheists, in that they were the first groups to deny the existence of other people's gods. Previously people may have considered other people's gods to be weak or ineffectual, but they rarely is ever denied that those god even existed.