• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God inside or outside physical universe?

Brian2

Veteran Member
Yes .. so a non-physical "being" responsible for the creation and maintenance of the universe.
If the universe were to disappear, there would still be G-d, as He is eternal.
In other words, time belongs to G-d.

Sounds right to me.
I could add that time also belongs to the Son as the Son owns everything that the Father has. (John 16:15)

Suave

Simulated character
There are a few threads about God now so here are one more :)

1: When you speak or think about God, are you thinking of God as a physical being within our universe? Or a nonphysical being within the universe?

2: When you think of God, are you thinking of God outside the physical world?

In your understanding how do God interact with our world?

I consider God as being the controller of simulations, a reality based virtual world programmer of human consciousness. Hence, God is outside our simulated universe.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Bible teaches that God is spirit and that God is everywhere inside and outside the universe. That may even include everywhere in time also.

That really negates that God is Jesus flesh body.

Regards Tony
There are a few threads about God now so here are one more :)

1: When you speak or think about God, are you thinking of God as a physical being within our universe? Or a nonphysical being within the universe?

2: When you think of God, are you thinking of God outside the physical world?

In your understanding how do God interact with our world?

God is outside creation. Creation is contained and God is unconstrained.

God is only know by what a Messenger of God shows and tells us. The Messengers are all we will ever know of God, as it is the Spirit of the Messenger that contains all creation.

Regards Tony

Brian2

Veteran Member
That really negates that God is Jesus flesh body.

Regards Tony

It sort of does but Jesus the man has 2 natures, a divine and a human nature. He, being uncreated, stepped into the creation as a man. My understanding is that His divine spirit dwells inside His created body.
Jesus is the one being, both man and God. This would be why Paul said that in Him dwells all the fullness of deity, bodily. (Col 2:9)
Having the nature of a man and of God, He is the perfect mediator between God and man.

wellwisher

In Einstein's theory of Special Relativity, velocity or d/t, causes changes in mass, distance and time. At the speed of light, the equations show a discontinuity in all these things. Mass does not exist at the speed of light and the construct of unified space and time; space-time, breaks down into separated space and separated time.

This discontinuity at the speed of light reference allows the massless self of God to move in space without the constraint of time and move in time without the constraint of space. The former has been traditionally called omnipresence and the latter has been traditionally called omniscience.

God exists within this matrix of disconnected space-time at the speed of light reference; God is light. This divine realm is intertwined with our universe and space-time, since our universe is a subset. God is not limited to our reality where space and time are connected as space-time. However, God is within our constrained place called space-time; part of being omnipresent, but he is also everywhere else too. God is part of our causal knowledge base in space-time, but he is also omniscience due to his speed of light reference, since he can also move in time without the constraint of space.

God's reference allows all imaginable things to occur since there is no space-time constraints. He exists is a realm of maximum entropy; highest order of complexity. The potential between the divine realm; maximum complexity and our inertial reference; moderate complexity, is expressed by the 2nd law of entropy. Entropy has to increase, which implies our realm moving back to the original realm of God.

One expression of God that we see in our realm of space-time is connected to the forces of nature which shape our present and future. All force creates an acceleration, which has the units of d/t/t. This is space-time; d-t plus time; t. The extra time; t not connected to space-time but comes from the realm at the speed of light reference. It is a type of extra time that can act apart from space. This allows the laws of physics, driven by the forces of nature, to be omnipresent; same in all universe references.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
It sort of does but Jesus the man has 2 natures, a divine and a human nature. He, being uncreated, stepped into the creation as a man. My understanding is that His divine spirit dwells inside His created body.
Jesus is the one being, both man and God. This would be why Paul said that in Him dwells all the fullness of deity, bodily. (Col 2:9)
Having the nature of a man and of God, He is the perfect mediator between God and man.

Our frames of references are close, but with one difference. I see the key difference is that I consider that God does not step into creation, the artist does not step into the painting, the craftsman does not step into the craft, but the spirit of the artist and craftsman is seen in the work created.

The Holy Spirit is given by God to the Messengers, they are the only 'Self of God' we can know, they one and all are the Mediators between God and Man.

The way I currently see it is that God gives that Spirit to each Messenger God has choosen. A man born into this world, but more than a man, a Messenger born of the Holy Spirt. That is what I understand the virgin birth is all about. A Messenger is born of the Holy Spirit, they are not men like us born of the human spirit.

So to me every Messenger, is Christ, they are all anointed by God, as God so chooses.

This does not take us away anything from Christ, it just shows us that Christ is all the Messengers, the Alpha and Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End, which in turn brings upon us the realisation that there is one fold with One Shepherd, God, we become one people with One God, just by changing our mind, the greatest miracle there is.

Our lot in life is to find God, no matter where God has chosen to shine His light from.

I see that is how it works. God is only known by His chosen Messengers, it is up to us to find our One God in those Messengers.

So the greatest praise I can give to Jesus the Christ, is to look for that light no matter where it shines from, if I reject other emanations of that light, then I have really rejected Jesus as Christ.

Regards Tony