• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God as a Service to Self and Service to Other as Self

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
so there are basically two types of services in the scheme of things, or mixture of the two. a hybrid as it were.

In the dualistic view there is service to self in relationship to level of service to otherness. If self chooses service to self, then self is always in competition to otherness. basically divided between love/hate/indifference of self and love/hate/indifference for what seems as otherness. one has to maintain some sort of hierarchy over otherness, or maintain some sort of hierarchy as oppressed/suppressed by otherness.

in the monist view there is service to all as self, the level is maintained as service to self's needs and once those have been accomplished, the self assists in helping the otherness as self to become self-actualized too.

so then can atonement ever be achieved by the dualist? or oneness ever be realized by the dualist?

can service to self be understood as warranted by the Absolute? the only Absolute being there are no absolutes in difference to the All, the paramatman, the Supreme Self

Last edited:

AlexanderG

I feel like you're offering your impression of a scholarly article you just read, but that I don't have access to. You're using a lot of terms in ways I'm not sure about. I don't understand what you're asking, at all. Maybe I'm just not in your target audience. Still, it would be nice to rephrase your post using plain language to describe the concepts.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I feel like you're offering your impression of a scholarly article you just read, but that I don't have access to. You're using a lot of terms in ways I'm not sure about. I don't understand what you're asking, at all. Maybe I'm just not in your target audience. Still, it would be nice to rephrase your post using plain language to describe the concepts.

there are two types of service, selfishness and selflessness. i have heard it said that we must first learn to love ourselves before we can learn to love someone else. I find this to be in alignment with the idea of self-actualization. the self has to meet all its needs vs wants before it can become self-actualized, or self-realized and be able to help others reach enlightenment. if one is service to all as self, then self cannot and should not be sacrificed, or cannot be excluded from the All

a dualist takes the service to self to an extreme. it always maintains the illusion of separateness and maintains hierarchies; which leads to conflict, war..

the monist attempts to maintain service to all as self; which maintains equilibrium, sees self as a reflection of other as self. this is the idea of selflessness having met one's needs and helping others in need.

if you interested in the idea of the two types of service, you can read more about them in the law of one ra material

The Law of One (The Ra Material)

you might understand these ideas of love vs the idea of capitalizing off of the mistakes or needs of others per the bible, or other belief systems that promote love as a spiritual catalyst

dybmh

דניאל יוסף בן מאיר הירש
so there are basically two types of services in the scheme of things, or mixture of the two. a hybrid as it were.

In the dualistic view there is service to self in relationship to level of service to otherness. If self chooses service to self, then self is always in competition to otherness. basically divided between love/hate/indifference of self and love/hate/indifference for what seems as otherness. one has to maintain some sort of hierarchy over otherness, or maintain some sort of hierarchy as oppressed/suppressed by otherness.

in the monist view there is service to all as self, the level is maintained as service to self's needs and once those have been accomplished, the self assists in helping the otherness as self to become self-actualized too.

so then can atonement ever be achieved by the dualist? or oneness ever be realized by the dualist?

can service to self be understood as warranted by the Absolute? the only Absolute being there are no absolutes in difference to the All, the paramatman, the Supreme Self
Where does God fit into this? I see it in the title, but don't see the connection to it in the OP or in the additional post.

Thank you,

Electra

there is always hierarchy, someone is better at something, someone is worse at something

the thing is people try and force hierarchy on perceived values but hierarchy ebs and flows depending on needs and desires

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Where does God fit into this? I see it in the title, but don't see the connection to it in the OP or in the additional post.

Thank you,
love as a service to self or as a service to the all as self