• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and Heaven

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
if the abrahamic god ever left heaven and came to earth, would heaven cease to exist without the abrahamic god?

would heaven then be on earth and not in heaven? and what would happen to those who weren't for having heaven on earth?

revelation 12:12

Last edited:

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
if the abrahamic god ever left heaven and came to earth, would heaven cease to exist without the abrahamic god?
This is not possible because it's not God's will because God is omnipresent, the bible confirms God does not leave any place:
Jeremiah 23:24
God also sees (in addition to being present) everywhere: Proverbs 15:3
The only place where God is not present is hell 2 Thessalonians 1:9, hence the biggest pain for those in hell is the lack of God.

This passage is about the devil persecuting Jesus on his 2nd coming, the devil is allowed to visit God in heavens to accuse people, ex. Job 1:6, hence why is it logical that the devil is cast from heavens to earth.
The fight described in heavens in revelation 12 is about the devil willing to prevent Jesus coming back to earth.
It says "Woe to the inhabiters of the earth" not because of the devil but rather because of revelation 22:15 which is place of absence of God, hell.

If revelation 21 is taken literary (which it shouldn't) then heavens on earth is new Jerusalem, a city, locked to those outside, the rest of people on earth in hell.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This is not possible because it's not God's will because God is omnipresent, the bible confirms God does not leave any place:
Jeremiah 23:24
God also sees (in addition to being present) everywhere: Proverbs 15:3
The only place where God is not present is hell 2 Thessalonians 1:9, hence the biggest pain for those in hell is the lack of God.

This passage is about the devil persecuting Jesus on his 2nd coming, the devil is allowed to visit God in heavens to accuse people, ex. Job 1:6, hence why is it logical that the devil is cast from heavens to earth.
The fight described in heavens in revelation 12 is about the devil willing to prevent Jesus coming back to earth.
It says "Woe to the inhabiters of the earth" not because of the devil but rather because of revelation 22:15 which is place of absence of God, hell.

If revelation 21 is taken literary (which it shouldn't) then heavens on earth is new Jerusalem, a city, locked to those outside, the rest of people on earth in hell.
heaven and hell are states of mind; which are changed in an instant.

ezekiel 11:19
ezekiel 36:26

so a person can be in hell because of state of mind and god is still present. otherwise god is limited and not eternal, infinite; if not present everywhere

psalms 139:8

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

really? so why would those who were in power believe jesus was beelzebub?

matthew 12:24 ?

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)

so a person can be in hell because of state of mind and god is still present. otherwise god is limited and not eternal, infinite; if not present everywhere
This is incorrect or "private" interpretation of the prophecy.

Following might help you with prophecies of OT:
2 Peter 1:20-21

Correct translation is "sheol" rather than "hell" which is not the same thing:
Psalms 139:8 NABRE - If I ascend to the heavens, you are - Bible Gateway

Sheol was the place of the dead that awaited for Jesus, since Jesus hell was established and sheol was gone, therefore these are 2 non same places.

really? so why would those who were in power believe jesus was beelzebub?

matthew 12:24 ?
I find your question unrelated because revelation is about his 2nd coming, not about when he was here for the first time.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
This is incorrect or "private" interpretation of the prophecy.

Following might help you with prophecies of OT:
2 Peter 1:20-21

so if you understand the word omnipresent it literally means all present. so hell doesn't exist apart from god. your's is the private interpretation. you're mangling the definition of the word omnipresent.

again something can't be infinite, eternal if it has limitations. you are claiming god is limited to being outside of hell. again another personal/private interpretation. the bible doesn't say that.

the bible says god is infinite, eternal

Correct translation is "sheol" rather than "hell" which is not the same thing:
Psalms 139:8 NABRE - If I ascend to the heavens, you are - Bible Gateway

Sheol was the place of the dead that awaited for Jesus, since Jesus hell was established and sheol was gone, therefore these are 2 non same places.

I find your question unrelated because revelation is about his 2nd coming, not about when he was here for the first time.

revelation is about uncovering the layers of self to realize the eternal spirit(self). it is written for the reader and how they will come to realize christ within self already present. it is the coming of self to christ, the second coming. jesus came and did his part, now it is the part of those who have ears and eyes to meet the message half way.

revelation it is the realization of john 14:20

i am gnostic. as the verse says, i know

you are not. you are yet a believer but have not known, have not experienced

paradox

(㇏(•̀ᵥᵥ•́)ノ)
again something can't be infinite, eternal if it has limitations. you are claiming god is limited to being outside of hell. again another personal/private interpretation. the bible doesn't say that.

the bible says god is infinite, eternal
omnipresent doesn't mean infinitely present, in fact infinitely present is unclear statement, infinity is something completely else.
likewise omnipotent doesn't mean infinitely potent.
The only thing that God has in infinity is mercy and love.
The difference is that one is property while other is proper to God.

Similarly one may say heaven is of infinite size because there may be infinite amount of people coming to heaven, which is plain wrong, Jesus said he will make space for use in heaven, therefore heavens are not infinite.

you are claiming god is limited to being outside of hell. again another personal/private interpretation. the bible doesn't say that.
The bible does say that, I gave you verse where.

revelation is about uncovering the layers of self to realize the eternal spirit(self).
wrong as hell, I really have no idea where did you learn this, sorry.

I think you're trying to fit scriptures to your personal preferences of faith.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
omnipresent doesn't mean infinitely present, in fact infinitely present is unclear statement, infinity is something completely else.
likewise omnipotent doesn't mean infinitely potent.
The only thing that God has in infinity is mercy and love.
The difference is that one is property while other is proper to God.

Similarly one may say heaven is of infinite size because there may be infinite amount of people coming to heaven, which is plain wrong, Jesus said he will make space for use in heaven, therefore heavens are not infinite.

The bible does say that, I gave you verse where.

wrong as hell, I really have no idea where did you learn this, sorry.

I think you're trying to fit scriptures to your personal preferences of faith.
you shouldn't have to have someone explain english to you

Synonyms of omnipresent | Thesaurus.com

omnipresent | Search Online Etymology Dictionary

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
no sheol doesn't mean hell.
ok, you're welcome to try and change all the english dictionaries. as the greeks understood it and since the nt was written in greek, i guess you can try to change the greek dictionaries too

best of luck

Muffled

Jesus in me

would heaven then be on earth and not in heaven? and what would happen to those who weren't for having heaven on earth?

I believe God is omnipresent.

Muffled

Jesus in me

I believe Heaven and Hell are places. I suppose one could have a heavenly state of mind or a wicked one.

Muffled

Jesus in me
ok, you're welcome to try and change all the english dictionaries. as the greeks understood it and since the nt was written in greek, i guess you can try to change the greek dictionaries too

best of luck

I believe "sheol" is Hebrew. The Greeks did not have the word "hell." They used the word "hades." The Norse used the word Hel after the person who resided there and it was a hot place where the wicked were sent. I am not sure if that means buried or spiritually sent.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe Heaven and Hell are places. I suppose one could have a heavenly state of mind or a wicked one.
Two people can be in the same place one enjoying it and the other not. When life hands you lemons, make lemonade?

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
I believe "sheol" is Hebrew. The Greeks did not have the word "hell." They used the word "hades." The Norse used the word Hel after the person who resided there and it was a hot place where the wicked were sent. I am not sure if that means buried or spiritually sent.
Some people associate their being with their image of themselves, their personality, their earthly, incorporal body, their form. Others associate it with consciousness, mind, spirit. One is infinite, formless , the other isn't. So how can such a small body contain such an infinite, inquisitive Spirit?