• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God and heaven and hell in the After Life: if it turns to be true of false?

Which case scenario do you think is better?

• Believing in God and the after life, but it turns to be not real.

Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Not believing in God and the after life, but it turns to be real.

Votes: 11 47.8%

• Total voters

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Hey guys, I'm just wondering which case scenario do you think is better, and why?

This is provided believing in God leads to heaven and disbelieving in Him leads to hell.

I personally believe that believing in God and heaven and hell in the after life then having it turned to be not real is better, which is the first case scenario. At least then I wouldn't burn in hell because not believing in God and the after life, as the second case scenario suggests, normally lead to it.

Your thoughts?

Note:
There are other possible case scenarios too, but the thread is about these two only.

Update: please re-read the OP and the subject.

Let's change a a little parameter, by specifying the type of God.

What is better: to believe the Christian God and go to hell if He exists, or to believe in Him and go to heaven, or at worst, stay dead forever?

Ciao

- viole

Smart_Guy

Premium Member
Let's change a a little parameter, by specifying the type of God.

What is better: to believe the Christian God and go to hell if He exists, or to believe in Him and go to heaven, or at worst, stay dead forever?

Ciao

- viole

To believe in Him and go to heaven :)

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
You then stand up.. in spirit.
That is fiction, imagination. Care to provide any evidence.

Brown_lady.jpg
images

I believe the judgment day is at hand ..
How many people have said that in history?

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
That is fiction, imagination. Care to provide any evidence.

Brown_lady.jpg
images

How many people have said that in history?

I do like ghost stories.....scary movies....Halloween......

But if you think you're going to end up like the pictures you posted.......
it's not me with the inappropriate images.

I don't believe in reincarnation in the flesh.
I won't say we keep any image like the one you see as you look in the mirror.....

I would argue......if you don't go on after your last breath....too bad.
I am sure your chemistry will fail.
Life as you now know it will end.
Follow your body into the box and then into the ground.....is not much of a future.

Blastcat

Transformation.

The body will produce a unique spirit on each occasion.

You could almost be literal about it....
The body is a clay vessel with something living inside of it.

The clay will dry out and break.
You then stand up.....in spirit.

Weird beliefs. how did you establish the truth of those claims?
Or does that matter to you at all?... are you satisfied to JUST believe in something, or is it important that what you believe in is also TRUE in any way?

The body WILL produce a unique spirit?... You KNOW this? You can VERIFY this?

I'd like to know how..

Blastcat

I do like ghost stories.....scary movies....Halloween......

But if you think you're going to end up like the pictures you posted.......
it's not me with the inappropriate images.

I don't believe in reincarnation in the flesh.
I won't say we keep any image like the one you see as you look in the mirror.....

I would argue......if you don't go on after your last breath....too bad.
I am sure your chemistry will fail.
Life as you now know it will end.
Follow your body into the box and then into the ground.....is not much of a future.

too bad that you don't like the only reality that we are actually aware of.. makes for a ..denial kind of a life..
So you PREFER something else, so.. other thingy out there.. that you can hope and dream and wish about.

Great. ..and so what?

do yout think that your dreams make reality? Or is it really the other way around?
I would tell you that YOUR ARE REAL, and because of that, you also dream and can have wishes and hopes and fantasies.

But why make the error of confusing fantasy with reality as if you were a 3 year old? Aren't you a grown up?
Can't you tell fiction from reality?
Ghosts aren't real, you don't have to be afraid.. Demons aren't real, the boogeyman doesn't live under your bed.
Don't cry, things that go bump in the night aren't really scary monsters.

Yep, we have this life. It will end.. what other thing.. we DO NOT KNOW.. so why pretend that you DO know.. and why not focus on the only life YOU CAN KNOW.. this life, here and now..

and if you want to read or write FICTION.. go ahead with that, there's a huge market available.
But right now, you seem like some unpublished J. K. Rowling wannabe.

Lots of people want to write popular fiction. Not many achieve her success. Good luck with your narratives.

Shad

Veteran Member
Who said anything about Pascal's wager? Given the op it's better to be an incorrect believer than an incorrect disbeliever. They were the 2 options.

The very question is the Wager just put into a different form due to language used now and that which was present at the time of Pascal. The same refutation and objections apply. Heaven, infinite gain. Hell, infinite loss. It is all based on game theory. The argument comes down to which is the safer bet to make based on speculation of losses and gains. However the question fails to account true belief versus hedging one's bets nor does the conclusion cause genuine true belief but only statistical probability. That is if you even entertain the question as rational, which I do not.

Last edited:

Thief

Rogue Theologian
too bad that you don't like the only reality that we are actually aware of.. makes for a ..denial kind of a life..
So you PREFER something else, so.. other thingy out there.. that you can hope and dream and wish about.

Great. ..and so what?

do yout think that your dreams make reality? Or is it really the other way around?
I would tell you that YOUR ARE REAL, and because of that, you also dream and can have wishes and hopes and fantasies.

But why make the error of confusing fantasy with reality as if you were a 3 year old? Aren't you a grown up?
Can't you tell fiction from reality?
Ghosts aren't real, you don't have to be afraid.. Demons aren't real, the boogeyman doesn't live under your bed.
Don't cry, things that go bump in the night aren't really scary monsters.

Yep, we have this life. It will end.. what other thing.. we DO NOT KNOW.. so why pretend that you DO know.. and why not focus on the only life YOU CAN KNOW.. this life, here and now..

and if you want to read or write FICTION.. go ahead with that, there's a huge market available.
But right now, you seem like some unpublished J. K. Rowling wannabe.

Lots of people want to write popular fiction. Not many achieve her success. Good luck with your narratives.

and when you are dead.....all that is left is the way you think and feel.....and dream.

We get to share those dreams in the next life.
There won't be anything else.

Going there alone are you?.....to spend eternity in your box in the ground?

or perhaps spend eternity with people that don't believe in their own dreams......

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Weird beliefs. how did you establish the truth of those claims?
Or does that matter to you at all?... are you satisfied to JUST believe in something, or is it important that what you believe in is also TRUE in any way?

The body WILL produce a unique spirit?... You KNOW this? You can VERIFY this?

I'd like to know how..

You have a linear existence......
You will have a termination....

You are unique.
Your existence is this life ensures it.

Thought that was obvious.

Blastcat

and when you are dead.....all that is left is the way you think and feel.....and dream.

We get to share those dreams in the next life.
There won't be anything else.

Going there alone are you?.....to spend eternity in your box in the ground?

or perhaps spend eternity with people that don't believe in their own dreams......
Nah.,, I don't worry about it .. I was non existent before I was born,, didn't seem to hurt ONE BIT.

Why should I expect the AFTER LIFE to be any different than the BEFORE LIFE?

It's just a bit of non-existence, that's all. Have a good life while you can.
And dreams? We all have them. Dreams aren't so special. Try to stay awake and happy while you can.

Because the rest? Ahhh you don't know the rest, do you?
You hope and DREAM about the rest a lot, don't you?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Nah.,, I don't worry about it .. I was non existent before I was born,, didn't seem to hurt ONE BIT.

Why should I expect the AFTER LIFE to be any different than the BEFORE LIFE?

It's just a bit of non-existence, that's all. Have a good life while you can.
And dreams? We all have them. Dreams aren't so special. Try to stay awake and happy while you can.

Because the rest? Ahhh you don't know the rest, do you?
You hope and DREAM about the rest a lot, don't you?

Once the linear existence begins.....the only denial you can make is suicide.
that might hurt a bit.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
I came from a billion things, I will go back to billion things after cremation and immediately, no wait. With us there is no box or hole. Check the next morning, a part of me may be in the dew on a flower. What constitutes me, will probably go on for some billions of years.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I came from a billion things, I will go back to billion things after cremation and immediately, no wait. With us there is no box or hole. Check the next morning, a part of me may be in the dew on a flower. What constitutes me, will probably go on for some billions of years.

Can't buy that.

Your chemistry might recycle....but 'you' could go on with out it.

I don't believe the spirit of Man needs to perish.
The body generates the spirit you are.
It is not what 'constitutes'......you.'