• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

God’s Omniscience

John 6 : 38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will but the will of Him that sent me.
Jesus' will is distinct from the Father's, yet, because He is one with the Father and sits on His right hand because He performs the Father's will. He came down from Heaven to do the Father's will. Christ was sent and He obeyed the Father's will before He became human. Even before He became human the Son was subservient to the Father.
Isaiah 63: 9-10 In all their affliction He was afflicted, and the angel of His presence saved them; and in His pity He redeemed them; and He bore them, and carried them all the days of old. But they rebelled, and vexed His Holy Spirit; therefore, He was turned to be their enemy, and he fought against them.
In this scripture Isaiah is stating that the Holy Spirit is the angel of God's (the Father's) presence. Where His Holy Spirit is, the Father is.
1Cor 3: 16 Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
Where the Holy Spirit is, the Father is.
Eph 2: 18 For through Him (Christ) we both have access by one Spirit unto the Father.
In the Old Testament it was the high priest who was the only person allowed in the Holy of Holies where the high priest communicated with God and afterwards relayed God's message to His people. After Christ's death, the veil (which was at the entrance of the Holy of Holies) was rent (torn) meaning that Christ is our new High Priest and through His Holy Spirit, we have direct communication to God.

Going back to your original post, beings created with a free will are responsible for their decisions. The problem with humanity is their motivation for living. Yes, Adam and Eve sinned and they alone should be punished. However, they were the first man and woman and their sin was eating from the tree of the knowledge of good and evil. The Christian bible says that where there is no law, there is no transgressions. Because they ate from that tree, we are all born with that knowledge and therefore, are all born under the Law with the tendency of putting self before God and others. We can't know what God wants from us unless we receive His Holy Spirit which again is a portal through which the Father , through the Son, reside in our being to communicate His will and empower those indwelled to achieve it. We are all condemned from birth because our motivation for living is self. If God condemns all, He would be merciless. If He forgave all, then chaos and sin would run rampant. His only choice to show His Justice and Mercy is to save a few (of His choosing) in the timeline of humanity. It seems that the script has already been written with those chosen having their lives completely changed by the Father when He grants the repentance necessary for them to turn to Him. That is when the person gets baptized in the name of the Father. Through preaching, he gets baptized in the name of the Son when he trusts in Jesus' death for the forgiveness of sins committed. You then get perfected when you receive the Holy Spirit and get born again with a new motivation for living which is to please God by loving Him first and everyone else as we love ourselves. Our reality is being played out to demonstrate His Justice and Mercy. No flesh will glory in heaven means that no one in heaven will say, I did it, I made the right decision, I was good enough to get here, I deserve to be here. Everyone is following their own path except for those whose lives are changed by God.

We as humans do not compare to God Almighty. God knows the future and can change it if He wills. To us our future is set and we can't change it because we are living on a time line of past, present, and future. To state that God offers His grace to everyone only to be rejected is to place Him in the same position as a human. Even as humans we can understand that because of His knowledge , He offers His grace to those who will accept it. I just can't see God offering His grace to those He knows will not accept it. What is being offered and accepted or rejected? We know that in the Old Testament, this undeserved favor was materialistic in nature. In the New Testament, the undeserved favor is spiritual and involves a state of being. To receive this undeserved favor, you have to be born again by the will of God. John 1: 13 Who were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

I agree with this. Not many believers in God realize the future can't be known fully.

Wrong. Your way of thinking is that we determine whether or not we get saved. The future for humanity is damnation. Jesus' first sermon after being baptized with the Holy Spirit was for sinners to repent, but it is the Father who baptizes by granting the state of being of repentance to such a degree that the sinner turns to Him for forgiveness. Through preaching, the sinner receives the Gospel of Jesus for the remission of sins committed and gets baptized in the name of the Son when He believes. The sinner then gets baptized in the name of the Holy Spirit when the sinner is perfected by receiving the portal through which the Father and Son can reside in the sinner to fill him with the love necessary to be able to obey the Spirit of the Law which is the bases for the Letter of the Law. When you motivation for living is to love and obey the Father's will and to love others as you love yourself, you will have attained a perfect heart which is what the Father judges in order to get to heaven.
1 Chron 29: 17 I know also, my God, that thou testest the heart, and hast pleasure in uprightness.
Job 1:1 There was a man in the land of Uz, whose name was Job; and that man was perfect and upright, and one that feared God, and shunned evil. Job was perfect because he had a perfect heart and he was upright because he followed his perfect heart.

2 Tim 3: 16-17 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto good works. It is scripture that reveals how the man of God can be made perfect. Trusting in Jesus for the forgiveness of sins does not make you perfect because you still sin and therefore are still a sinner. God judges the heart and a perfect heart is what is required to enter heaven. Having knowledge and believing in Jesus' death for the remission of sins is enough to get your sins forgiven, but to get perfected there needs to be a change of heart. That is what being born again and becoming a new creature is all about.