• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gnostic view of Jungian ideas?

Being

Being
Hi.

I used to be better acquainted with Gnostic Christian views in general. I would appreciate if some people would comment on the Gnostic view of Jungian ideas, especially archetypes. And I'm particularly curious of the Gnostic view of Jung's concept of the Aion, or Christ as the model (or perhaps highest Archetype) for the fully integrated Human Being, or Individuated Self. How do Gnostics view the Jungian process of Individuation, perhaps related to the process of becoming like Christ (such as in Pauline Christology).

If you reply, please quote me, so I will receive an alert.

Thanks,
Being

nazz

Doubting Thomas
Hi.

I used to be better acquainted with Gnostic Christian views in general. I would appreciate if some people would comment on the Gnostic view of Jungian ideas, especially archetypes. And I'm particularly curious of the Gnostic view of Jung's concept of the Aion, or Christ as the model (or perhaps highest Archetype) for the fully integrated Human Being, or Individuated Self. How do Gnostics view the Jungian process of Individuation, perhaps related to the process of becoming like Christ (such as in Pauline Christology).

Thanks,
Being
Wish I could help but I am ignorant of Jungian psychology.

frangipani

Premium Member
Hi.

Thanks,
Being
I have read some of Carl Jung's work, my general opinion is I think Carl Jung was definitely orientated toward what is today referred to as Gnostic thinking. Perhaps he would have considered himself Gnostic. Truth is Truth, but understanding Truth more fully for each of us takes time, I don't necessarily agree with all of Carl Jung's philosophy, but maybe that's because I am still growing in understanding Truth more fully, or maybe it's because at the time of writing Carl Jung was still growing in his understanding of Truth more fully. Psychologically each of us learns at a different pace, we absorb knowledge and grow in its application at a different pace to one another. One thing about True knowledge and understanding is that it comes from the Spirit within each of us who have it if we allow our soul to look inwardly and listen to what the Spirit says. If we listen and learn, that is our soul accepting this inner knowledge as Truth it will become manifest in our lives. Truth emanates from within and shines brightly outward through our lives. Truth cannot be found from the outside, all you can find from the outside is an academic understanding of Truth, this is the difference between intellect and academia, an intellect thinks of something on the inside and makes it a reality on the outside, an academic learns from the outside about the intellects idea from the reality they see and then accept it as true. We can debate everything and conclude nothing, for the answers to your questions look inwardly and when you read works like these you will know if they are proper or not.