• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gnostic creation of the world

justaguy313

Premium Member
You mean the Gospel of Thomas, which seems to have been regarded as Manichaean and has never been accepted as canonical?

No, I mean the whole codex, particulary The Hypostasis of the archons-The nature of the rulers and Codex XIII which is in the OP.

We can discuss Manicheism and the Gospel of Thomas aswell if somebody likes to.

exchemist

Veteran Member
No, I mean the whole codex, particulary The Hypostasis of the archons-The nature of the rulers and Codex XIII which is in the OP.

We can discuss Manicheism and the Gospel of Thomas aswell if somebody likes to.
OK good, thanks for clarifying the thread topic. I can't comment any further, as I know nothing about any of that.

justaguy313

Premium Member
I have the Nag Hammadi library on my phone. I love the Gnostic theology. So fascinating. Sofia and Yaldabaoth are such interesting concepts of spiritial beings.

There are amazing parallels with J.R.R. Tolkien's Ainulindale from Silmarillion with islamic gnostic Mother of the book, which you can find in the Gnostic bible by Marvin Meyer and Codex II and XIII from Nag Hammadi which is in a youtube video in the original post.

It leaves one wonder if J.R.R. Tolkien tried to tell the world all these things hidden in plain sight.

Ebionite

I have the Nag Hammadi library on my phone. I love the Gnostic theology. So fascinating. Sofia and Yaldabaoth are such interesting concepts of spiritial beings.
Yaldabaoth is a good match for the the negative aspects of the seven doubles: foolishness, poverty, desolation, death, slavery, evil, and ugliness. These seven associate with the seven archons of Yaldabaoth. The positive aspects are wisdom, wealth, seed, life, freedom, peace, and and beauty.

exchemist

Veteran Member
There are amazing parallels with J.R.R. Tolkien's Ainulindale from Silmarillion with islamic gnostic Mother of the book, which you can find in the Gnostic bible by Marvin Meyer and Codex II and XIII from Nag Hammadi which is in a youtube video in the original post.

It leaves one wonder if J.R.R. Tolkien tried to tell the world all these things hidden in plain sight.

Unlikely. Tolkien was a staunch Catholic. But he was involved in some of the translation work when the Jerusalem Bible was being compiled, so I’m sure he would have been aware of such things.

justaguy313

Premium Member
Well of course. He didn't want to write religious polemics (unlike his great friend C S Lewis, whom he helped influence to convert to Christianity.). II very much doubt he would have wanted to promote religious ideas that were considered heretical, that's all.

Listen to both youtube videos I attached and you will find parallels between them. One cannot miss the similarites. You will find Islamic gnostic book called Mother of the book in Gnostic Bible by Marvin Meyer.

That is if you want to do a research. If you don't have time that's another matter.

I simply posted what I found.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Listen to both youtube videos I attached and you will find parallels between them. One cannot miss the similarites. You will find Islamic gnostic book called Mother of the book in Gnostic Bible by Marvin Meyer.

That is if you want to do a research. If you don't have time that's another matter.

I simply posted what I found.
I don’t waste time on YouPube videos without a very good reason. I don’t see one here.