• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glutton Country

ΩRôghênΩ

Disciple of Light
:no:
*take note that around Around 800 million humans are starving in the world

I love my country but sometimes i concider us gluttons

My idea is to make america force-fast for 2 days (besides people who must have food to survive under certain medical conditions). then take all our Bigmacs and ship them to africa:

America
fat%20kid.jpg

Africa
582HIM%20starving%20child_w.jpg

Edit:

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
For future reference, if you have something to add to your original post, edit it. Don't post multiple replies after your original post.

The Bigmac idea sounds terrible. I wouldn't eat those, why would I want to inflict them on some poor kid? Our efforts would be much better invested in actual nutritious food.

Mister_T

Forum Relic
Premium Member
Lord Roghen does have a point. I read somewhere that we (the USA) use around a forth of the worlds resources when we are not even close to being a forth to the worlds population.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Jensa said:
For future reference, if you have something to add to your original post, edit it. Don't post multiple replies after your original post.

The Bigmac idea sounds terrible. I wouldn't eat those, why would I want to inflict them on some poor kid? Our efforts would be much better invested in actual nutritious food.

Agreed. Big Macs are disgusting. Never actually had one. How about we start sending them the food our fat kids don't eat, such as vegetables and fruit.

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
Something fairly interesting I've run into is that the local food pantry gives out food that's very fattening in content. It's better than not having any food, of course, but it's interesting how these things work out.

standing_on_one_foot

~Lord Roghen~ said:
Sometimes?

Actually, this reminds me of a tradition my family has. My synagogue always has a food drive on Yom Kippur, and we donate me and my sister's weight (give or take).

But, anyway, I'm with you that it's important to a) take care of ourselves and watch what we eat and b) donate stuff to counter hunger and maybe, say, seeing what you can do to eliminate the causes.

Really, the gluttony goes quite a ways beyond just what we eat, too. What we consume in general is a little frightening.

There's a quote I kinda like, though. Someone had asked a friend of my mom's why he'd come to this country; he said, "It's a place where even the poor people can be fat." And this was some time ago...

Hey, folks, click here: http://www.thehungersite.com/

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
QUOTE]
fat%20kid.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Good points, but take note, that picture has been poorly edited in photoshop. Just look at his arms and hands, not only are they a different color, but it looks like a suit has been put on him to make him look fatter.
Does almost make you feel guilty for eating many of the luxury foods we have available. But if we ship them all our big macs, then we would see them dying from heart disease.
A possible solution; cut back on beef, pork, chicken, and other grain feed live-stock, and use what would have been used to feed livestock, grow different foods and use that crop to help the hungery.

As for the fat animals, the owners who give them a constant food supply are partly to blame, but some animals are just lazy, and some will even jump over hurdles and dive head first into the food bag to get food when they just ate 10 minutes ago.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Shadow Wolf said:
Good points, but take note, that picture has been poorly edited in photoshop. Just look at his arms and hands, not only are they a different color, but it looks like a suit has been put on him to make him look fatter.
Actually to me it looks kind of like it may be some kind of 'modern art', or 'shock art', or whatever they call it now :) Not real, at any rate

kevmicsmi

*take note that around Around 800 million humans are starving in the world

My idea is to make america force-fast for 2 days (besides people who must have food to survive under certain medical conditions). then take all our Bigmacs and ship them to africa:
You say you love America, but you would force people to fast???What gives you that right? What gives anyone that right?

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
Is obesity in America and starving people in Africa connected?

Perhaps, but I will leave it to someone else to make the connection. But they are not as directly linked as it may seem. There are two separate problems here, both epidemics and both are killing adults and children. Just because we as a population eat too much of fatty and unhealthy foods, (and lack of exercise certainly plays a big role as well), that doesn't mean we are taking food out of the mouths of other people. The point has already been made that what they need is not Big Macs, but healthy, nutritious food and clean water consistently. What the obsese children need is not to fast for two days and to suggest such is to show a sorely lacking comprehension of the very real and dangerous problem of both epidemics.

evearael

How about we start sending them the food our fat kids don't eat, such as vegetables and fruit.
Not to mention some adults which is where these kids are usually learning their poor eating habits to begin with... Everytime I see a baby or toddler sucking on a soda bottle I just want to reach out and smack the parents.