• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Glad to Be Here

robtex

Veteran Member
Mystic, glad to meet you. What do you write (saw it on your profile) what do you read, when you say God brought you here....what are u looking to find?

Master Vigil

Welcome mystic. I'm very interested in how you perceive god talking to you? Feelings, hearing, etc...? Very much looking forward to your posts.

Mystic

I write radio and television commercials for a living...but my real passion is writing stories, although I've never had a story published..just for my own interests right now. Lately I haven't found the time...juggling work and family.

A couple of months ago I asked God to please help me find a church where I can take my children and ways that I can help other people...I kept thinking about the Food Bank.

Since then he's responded by putting me in touch with various people.

One was a lady from the United Church (I left the Baptist Church because they had staunch views about women...the reverend's entire sermon one Mother's Day was how women should obey their husbands no matter what. I believe a husband and wife should be a team and work together...his view was so one-sided and chauvenistic I was choaked and so I left)

Then when God directed to me to this lady who belongs to the United Church...I found it all so interesting..you see the United Church in our city is run by a woman priest. (Which makes me think God has a sense of humour sometimes...)

Or I'll pick up a magazine and open it and there will be an article about "choosing your faith"...or a song will come on the radio..the one that was playing last week after I spoke to God on my lunch hour walk about wanting to find a job where I could help people was.."it's time to make a change."

Then at my son's karate class I found out that one of the fathers worked at the Food Bank.

The latest response was a television show. I was watching Saturday night live...and it was so funny..but for some reason I flipped channels and CNN had an entire show on different religions.

I used to think that all this would be coincidence, but there's just too many incidents...especially lately like this that has happened.

I usually find it easier to talk to God when I'm away from work on my lunch hour walk. His responses are either inside of me, through impressions, or through people. I also know things before they happen sometimes.

Does anyone else have these experiences? I would be interested to hear.

It seems the more I accept them, the more they happen to me.