• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Giving for Your Health

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Giving
Volunteering, donating, and helping others may also make a person feel good. Researchers at the National Institutes of Health found that people who gave money to a charity activated pleasure centers in their brain. This may lead to improved endorphin levels.
Endorphins: Effects and how to boost them

I was looking up endorphins, what causes them and why they can act like opioids in pain relief.

Giving along with exercise, yoga and meditation, spicy foods, dark chocolate and laughing can increase your body's production of endorphins.

I read one article which said that forcing yourself to laugh even when you are unhappy causes your body to react exactly as if you are happy causing a release of endorphins.

So altruism is built into our chemical makeup. Giving of our self, of our time is conducive to our own wellbeing. Humor, spicy foods, dark chocolate, meditation, it explains why we do these things. They relieve pain and stress and cause a natural high.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Hmm...That could explain the high I get from eating spicy foods, giving to charity, and laughing at myself.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
laughing at myself.

I see you are practicing a high form of yoga.

Looking at pictures of people in the news, those who take themselves very seriously look unhappy to me. Those that approach life and themselves lightly seem much happier.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Hmm...That could explain the high I get from eating spicy foods, giving to charity, and laughing at myself.

A couple of other things that might help your wellbeing.

Sniff some vanilla or lavender

Take a little ginseng

Have sex

Listen to music
How to Boost Endorphins Naturally | Reader's Digest

Just imaging managing to do all this at the same time.

tenor.gif