• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Give Us Today Our Daily Bread"

SunMessenger

Catholic
Welcome! This New Thread Is A Place To Continue With Daily Prayer For All Who Are In Need. Feel Free To Join In With Comments Or Prayers. This Replaces The Previous Thread I Created In This Section. Thank You For This Opportunity To Pray. God Bless You All...

'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us today our daily bread.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one'

Amen

CDRaider

I just thought I'd post that the one I learned has an extra line.

For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, for ever and ever amen..

lol, thanks for the prayer!

Ðanisty

I never learned it but the one I hear most often is different. If I knew it, I'd post it.

Edit: I found it online. It's from the 1928 "Book of Common Prayer"

Our Father, who art in heaven, Hallowed be thy Name. Thy kingdom come. Thy will be done, On earth as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread. And forgive us our trespasses, As we forgive those who trespass against us. And lead us not into temptation, But deliver us from evil. For thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever and ever. Amen.

SunMessenger

Catholic
Jesus, bringer and unifier of all life we need You.

Heal the people Jesus from all disagreement and turmoil cast upon them by the imperfections of the flesh. Jesus ease our souls and touch each and everyone with the power of the Holy Spirit. Please allow for us to see where the haze is thick so that we may not stumble and fall. Love us Jesus despite all our imperfections as I know You do. Give us the wisdom to know the differences and the power of the Holy Spirit to enforce our quiet contentment. Thank You Jesus for I know it is done.

Amen

SunMessenger

Catholic
Father I Am Here To Pray In Beloved Jesus Name. I Pray For Your Aid And Guidance. These Are Difficult Days In Our World Father . You Know What Goes On And What Is Needed. I Pray Father That Your Miraculous Holy Spirit Be Sent To Us. We Need You For All The Needs Here And Around This World. In Jesus Christs Holy Name I Pray.
Amen

SunMessenger

Catholic
Lord, make us instruments
of your peace.
Where there is hatred
let us sow love;
Where there is injury, pardon;
Where there is discord, union;
Where there is doubt, faith;
Where there is despair, hope;
Where there is darkness, light;
Where there is sadness, joy.
Grant that we may not
so much seek
To be consoled as to console;
To be understood
as to understand;
To be loved as to love.
For it is in giving
that we receive;
It is in pardoning
that we are pardoned;
And it is in dying that we are
born to eternal life.

In The Beloved Name Of Jesus Christ I Pray The Holy Spirit Enter And Meet All Needs. This I Pray In The Name Of Jesus Christ Our Savior Who Suffered Torture At The Hands Of Men So We May Be Forgiven.

Amen

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
CDRaider said:
I just thought I'd post that the one I learned has an extra line.

For thine is the kingdom and the power and the glory, for ever and ever amen..

lol, thanks for the prayer!

Ah! Glad to hear of another with the extra line...............

akshar said:
Would you mind i gave the Hindu version of a extremely holy prayer?

Please feel free; go ahead!:)

SunMessenger

Catholic
In The Beloved Name Of Jesus Christ I Pray That Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle; be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray; and do you, O Prince of the heavenly host, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan and the other evil spirits who prowl about the world for the ruin of souls...

'Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name,
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.
Forgive us our debts,
as we also have forgiven our debtors.
And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from the evil one'
Amen

SunMessenger

Catholic
Jesus I thank God for being given another day to pray. I thank God for the ability and determination to continue and not be discouraged . I Thank God in Your Name Jesus.
God Please direct Your Holy Spirit to enter each person with a prayer request on this and all forums. May Your Holy Spirit enter each person and meet all needs. This I pray in Jesus Name our Beloved Savior. In Jesus Name Father I ask that the thing not worthy to look to heaven be banished from the earth into the pit for all eternity. In Jesus Christs Name I Pray.
Amen

SunMessenger

Catholic
In Jesus Name may God Almighty touch each of us with Love, Peace and Health.

May The Miraculous Holy Spirit be ever present with us and may God intervene to bring peace throughout our troubled world. In Jesus Name I Pray.

Amen

SunMessenger

Catholic
Father I come again to pray for all the needs here. I pray in Jesus Name for Your Merciful Intervention . I pray in Jesus Name for the Holy Spirit to enter and meet all needs. I promise Father to Never Forget The Passion Of Christ .

Amen

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I've read that when the Lord's Prayer was translated into Inuit (Eskimo), one line was rendered: "Give us this day our daily fish..."

Bread, in fact, grain of any kind was entirely unknown to traditional Inuit.

sojourner

Annoyingly Progressive Since 2006
And from the '79 BCP:

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your Name,
your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial, and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.

SunMessenger

Catholic
Seyorni said:
I've read that when the Lord's Prayer was translated into Inuit (Eskimo), one line was rendered: "Give us this day our daily fish..."

Bread, in fact, grain of any kind was entirely unknown to traditional Inuit.
Very Interesting . Thanks For Sharing. Nice To See You Also. God Bless

SunMessenger

Catholic
sojourner said:
And from the '79 BCP:

Our Father in heaven, hallowed be your Name,
your kingdom come, your will be done, on earth as in heaven.
Forgive us our sins, as we forgive those who sin against us.
Save us from the time of trial, and deliver us from evil.
For the kingdom, the power, and the glory are yours, now and for ever.
I too am aware of this version.Very Nice Indeed. Thanks For Sharing and it is nice to see You again also. God Bless...

SunMessenger

Catholic
In The Beloved Name Of Jesus Christ I Pray The Holy Spirit Enter And Meet All Needs. This I Pray In The Name Of Jesus Christ Our Savior Who Suffered Torture At The Hands Of Men So We May Be Forgiven.

Amen

SunMessenger

Catholic
Father In Heaven Thank You For Giving Me Another Day To Pray And Worship Your Goodness. Dear Father I Pray For The Needs Here Of Which You Are Already Aware. I Ask That The Holy Spirit Enter And Meet All Needs. I Pray For Peace And Gentleness In Our Beloved Jesus Name .

Amen

SunMessenger

Catholic
In Jesus Holy Name I Pray. Lord I Pray For All The Needs Of Your Children. I Pray That Your Almighty Holy Spirit Enter And Meet Every Aspect Of These Needs. With You Lord We Know To Expect A Miracle And We Ask For One Here. In Jesus Name I Pray.

Amen

SunMessenger

Catholic
Father by Your Mercy I am here to pray another day. I worship You Father as the Almighty God that You are. Thank You Father for sending Your Son to us in order to give us salvation. Your Wisdom and Compassion are needed everyday. I Pray Your Holy Spirit enter and meet all needs. In The Beloved Name Of Jesus Christ I Pray.

Amen