• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Give Hippoes a Home!

Buttons*

Glass half Panda'd
LMAO! I should just pull up some stuff from California in the 70's...

Anyone old enough to remember the California drought in the late '70s (not me, no way) will remember (as I read in a history book) that Californians were also encouraged to "not flush" except when "absolutely necessary."

"if it's yellow, let it mellow
if it's brown, flush it down"

Booko

Deviled Hen
First I thought someone was offering hippies a home, and I was gonna ask if I could have one, especially in the UK. :D

But seriously, whatever happened to just putting a brick or two in your toilet tank??

Bishka

Veteran Member
Booko said:
First I thought someone was offering hippies a home, and I was gonna ask if I could have one, especially in the UK. :D

But seriously, whatever happened to just putting a brick or two in your toilet tank??

A brick?

Booko

Deviled Hen
SoyLeche said:
It displaces water so that the tank holds less - thereby making each flush use less water.

Yup. I've also seen people use a plastic half-gallon jug, the kind milk comes in, and fill it with water for weight, and put that in the tank.

Why buy something to reduce your water usage when you can just use trash from around the house. :D

sahra-t

/me loves frubals
I have just given a hippo a home :D

It is a good idea because we really do need to save our water, we currently have a hosepipe ban as we have so little. Yes, people should be putting bricks and stuff in their cistern but many people just don't think about it. It's silly that you have to make it a novelty hippo for people to do it, but it's true.

Edit: Ooh they put a star representing me on their map of London :-D My borough is saving 330 litres.

Oh, and when I was entering the information they said they would still send to people not living in London!