• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

gitmo "trials"

Feathers in Hair

World's Tallest Hobbit
No real comment from me, except that a year or so I would have been frothing at the mouth over the injustice. How sad is it when one finds that they seem to have reached 'outrage fatigue'?

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
I really don't understand why people are shocked about this, maybe they are just in denial.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The US was founded on the idea of Natural Rights and the universal brotherhood of man. The idea that justice is a legal concession granted to selected individuals by a sovereign government is foreign to everything the US is supposed to stand for.

From the declaration of independence:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

Pardus

Proud to be a Sinner.
Scared people are dangerous.

Stupid people are dangerous.

Take a groups of people.

Sum all their IQ.

Divide it by the sqaure of the number of people.

You now have your groups collective IQ.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
We didn't even go this far during the Nuremberg Trials. Oh wait, the planned murder of 10 million people is classified as "proper war tactics" just because of their religion and the clothing on their back.

Heck, we can even look at Saddam's trial to see how absurd this is. He killed more people than any of those guys (the ones who are guilty) could fathom, yet his trial went on for months.

Can we not spend money to make sure free people are not thrown in jail?

Mercy Not Sacrifice

In addition to everything listed here, what disgusts me is...

There are thirteen-year-olds locked away at Gitmo.

Why the hell are they doing this? What the **** is so bad about simply placing alleged terrorist on trial, like we did before Bush came to power?

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Mercy Not Sacrifice said:
In addition to everything listed here, what disgusts me is...

There are thirteen-year-olds locked away at Gitmo.

Why the hell are they doing this? What the **** is so bad about simply placing alleged terrorist on trial, like we did before Bush came to power?

To add on to the list, what disgusts me even more is how little coverage this is going to get, and how little people will care. Instead we'll hear snobs spouting their mouths about us being anti-American.

Sometimes I seriously consider moving to a place where our leaders give two dimes about something other than power, legislated religous morality, and money. It just boggles my mind how we can fall for the government's own terrorism while fighting a War on Terror. :(

Ody

Seyorni said:
From the declaration of independence:
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable rights, that among these are life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness."

And yet slavery and the various laws on religion in states in New England...

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
Gitmo and the entire Haliburton war is an extreme embarrassment. I am STILL outraged at Shrub and his lackeys.