• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting in touch with your 'inner Pharaoh'

whirlingmerc

How do religious people deal with idols of the heart and lack of love of God. Do they realize it.
How is the problem of a hard heart in a religious body usually dealt with?

There is the story of the prodigal son(s) for example where one prodigal was a runnaway
and problems were obvious... the other (the elder brother) r... the stay at home son equally lost as a loveless goody two shoes... and the less likely one to realize it. Self aware of problems? or self white washed problems?

Last edited:

buddhist

I can also ask, "how can religious people deal with giving up their personal authority and power in worshiping their choice of idol/god, and lack appreciation of the personal responsibility and freedom offered by the Buddha-Dhamma?"

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
How do religious people deal with idols of the heart and lack of love of God. Do they realize it.

What do you mean by "idols of the heart"?​

We don't call it "idols of the heart" from a believers' perspective. Idols are just objects of worship, reverence, or role model.

A lot of people, say Hindu, do not lack god's love. Muslims do not lack it. Nor do Bahai. The word god has no place in my faith. So, how can I lack or feel deprived of something or someone that doesn't exist?

Why do you feel others lack god's love?​

When I hear that, it makes me think believers feel they have "true love" while other god believers do not. It's placing them in a "we have the truth and you don't" position; and, I don't see god's love in that point of view.

How do you define god's love if X amount of people are deprived of it?​

How is the problem of a hard heart in a religious body usually dealt with?

I've not experienced a religious body with a hard heart. When I was in the Church, everyone's heart was more filled with god than any protestant I have ever met. Their communion is a unity of souls and their devotion is, how can I say, a much stronger bond and silence then I see in other churches.

Religion-beliefs that are practiced within traditions and culture-shapes a person to be who they are in god (in god-religions). It provides community and sense of self within that community.

How can their be a hard heart within a supportive community who all have a relationship with god?​

whirlingmerc

Idols of the heart are anything that might distract you from loving God and glorifying him.
It's ascribing more satisfaction to something other than God. It doesn't mean you can't enjoy things thankfully in ways God approves.

As far as a hard heart. A supportive community will help but ultimately it is God that gives the heart of flesh. In the end it takes a work of the spirit of God.

grac Anna

This is each excellent and bad. Power Testo Blast On one hand, it is a good thing that men whom could no longer have previously sought aid have. However, on the other hand, utilising this little blue tablet has additionally caused a fair amount of issues. The primary challenge is that some guys started out experiencing part results such as headaches and prolonged erections.http://boostupmuscles.com/power-testo-blast/

whirlingmerc

What do you mean by "idols of the heart"?​

We don't call it "idols of the heart" from a believers' perspective. Idols are just objects of worship, reverence, or role model.

A lot of people, say Hindu, do not lack god's love. Muslims do not lack it. Nor do Bahai. The word god has no place in my faith. So, how can I lack or feel deprived of something or someone that doesn't exist?

Why do you feel others lack god's love?​

When I hear that, it makes me think believers feel they have "true love" while other god believers do not. It's placing them in a "we have the truth and you don't" position; and, I don't see god's love in that point of view.

How do you define god's love if X amount of people are deprived of it?​

I've not experienced a religious body with a hard heart. When I was in the Church, everyone's heart was more filled with god than any protestant I have ever met. Their communion is a unity of souls and their devotion is, how can I say, a much stronger bond and silence then I see in other churches.

Religion-beliefs that are practiced within traditions and culture-shapes a person to be who they are in god (in god-religions). It provides community and sense of self within that community.

How can their be a hard heart within a supportive community who all have a relationship with god?​

Actually, you don't have to go further than the parable of the prodigal son(s) There were two. One was obviously lost and the wild child. One was lost in plain sight, the stay at home goody goody.... both lost... both not entering in the joy of the Father and the elder brother is a bit like a lost but religious person.

whirlingmerc

I think believers have many struggles as long as they live and I would not see even a real believer will struggle with issues of the heart although a decisive blow has been dealt

How do you win a wrestling match against a 300 lb gorilla? you fight a dead gorilla... don't feed it... don't revive it... a believer will struggle with the old nature along with his new nature... but don't feed the old nature...