• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Getting away with murder.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
So are you saying that Casey Anthony's actions seem to be the actions of a person who is innocent of being involved in her daughter's death?
When did this become a "black and white" case?

The ONLY thing I have said is that it is nothing more than wishful thinking on your part that innocent people do not lie.

I have seen nothing but emotionally based rhetoric that ties Casey to Kaylee's death.
Does this mean that Casey did not kill her?
No, it doesn't.
But it also means that I do not know what actually happened.
Fact is, neither do you or anyone else on this forum.
Though there are plenty of people who seem to think they do.

Though I do notice how you completely skipped the fact it is MORE plausible, based upon the evidence, that Kaylee drowned and died while Casey was off partying and Casey's father covered it up without Casey knowing anything about it, than it is that Casey is guilty of first degree murder.

But back to your emotionally packed question:
So are you saying that Casey Anthony's actions seem to be the actions of a person who is innocent of being involved in her daughter's death?
I am saying that her actions are not the cut and dry proof of her being a cold hearted first degree murderer you want them to badly to be.

Kathryn

It was on fire when I laid down on it.
When did this become a "black and white" case?

The ONLY thing I have said is that it is nothing more than wishful thinking on your part that innocent people do not lie.

I have seen nothing but emotionally based rhetoric that ties Casey to Kaylee's death.
Does this mean that Casey did not kill her?
No, it doesn't.
But it also means that I do not know what actually happened.
Fact is, neither do you or anyone else on this forum.
Though there are plenty of people who seem to think they do.

Though I do notice how you completely skipped the fact it is MORE plausible, based upon the evidence, that Kaylee drowned and died while Casey was off partying and Casey's father covered it up without Casey knowing anything about it, than it is that Casey is guilty of first degree murder.

But back to your emotionally packed question:
I am saying that her actions are not the cut and dry proof of her being a cold hearted first degree murderer you want them to badly to be.

Hold up a minute. I didn't WANT her to be a murderer. In fact, I don't know if she IS a murderer.

I think she's guilty of a lot more than she was convicted of. I think that her actions after the disappearance and death of her daughter were horrible and disgusting, and do not seem at all like the actions of a normal, grieving mother.

I haven't skipped over anything. I have no idea how that little girl died. But what I do know is enough to make me feel nothing but disgust for Casey Anthony.

McBell

Hold up a minute. I didn't WANT her to be a murderer. In fact, I don't know if she IS a murderer.
Yet you seem to be looking for anything that would justify in your mind that she is a murderer..

I think she's guilty of a lot more than she was convicted of.
I strongly suspect that she is as well.
However, the evidence does not support that she is a cold blooded first degree murderer.
Which is what the prosecutor was trying to show.

I think that her actions after the disappearance and death of her daughter were horrible and disgusting, and do not seem at all like the actions of a normal, grieving mother.
And I have seen much worse actions by people who were innocent.
Thus the reason I say that basing her guilt on her actions and lies as being something "no innocent person would do" is nothing more than wishful thinking.

How exactly is a "normal grieving mother" supposed to act?
Perhaps Casey did not get a copy of that manual..?

I haven't skipped over anything. I have no idea how that little girl died. But what I do know is enough to make me feel nothing but disgust for Casey Anthony.
Really?
If you say so.

Kathryn

Yet you seem to be looking for anything that would justify in your mind that she is a murderer..

Now who's using emotional language and putting words in people's mouths? I'm not trying to justify anything, and I wish her little girl was alive and that I had never heard of either of them. Unfortunately that's not the case. Caylee is dead and her mother knows a lot more than she's telling.

[QUOTE
I strongly suspect that she is as well.
However, the evidence does not support that she is a cold blooded first degree murderer.
Which is what the prosecutor was trying to show.
][/QUOTE]

Yes, right - a point I've brought up repeatedly.

And I have seen much worse actions by people who were innocent.

Wow, really? In what capacity?

Thus the reason I say that basing her guilt on her actions and lies as being something "no innocent person would do" is nothing more than wishful thinking.

I'm not basing her guilt on anything. I am basing my OPINION of whether or not she was involved much more in the death and dissappearance of her daughter than she is admitting - on her actions and words, as well as other testimony at her trial. Which is not an unusual way to form an opinion.

How exactly is a "normal grieving mother" supposed to act?
Perhaps Casey did not get a copy of that manual..?

Let me put it to you this way - it's not like THIS:
images
images

Casey-Anthony-Was-Found-Innocent-Of-Murdering-Her-Daughter-Partying-While-Daugther-Caylee-Anthony-Was-Missing.jpeg
images

images

Really?
If you say so.

Yeah. I say so.

McBell

Now who's using emotional language and putting words in people's mouths?
I 'm not.
I am merely pointing at what the picture you painted looks like from this end.

I'm not trying to justify anything,
And if you were to go back and actually read what I wrote you will see that I never said you were.
I said it SEEMS that way.

and I wish her little girl was alive and that I had never heard of either of them. Unfortunately that's not the case. Caylee is dead and her mother knows a lot more than she's telling.
And?

Wow, really? In what capacity?
Yes really.
Threatening people, physically attacking people.

Let me put it to you this way - it's not like THIS:
images
images

Casey-Anthony-Was-Found-Innocent-Of-Murdering-Her-Daughter-Partying-While-Daugther-Caylee-Anthony-Was-Missing.jpeg
images

images
Yes, you have already repeatedly said what it is not.
Unfortunately, I asked what it should be...

Kathryn

I 'm not.

And if you were to go back and actually read what I wrote you will see that I never said you were.
I said it SEEMS that way.

Now THAT'S splitting hairs. Try that one as a prosecuter in court.

You: "You did this!"

Defense attorney: "Objection!"

Judge: "Sustained."

You: "Well, ok - it SEEMS you did this."

Defense attorney: "OBJECTION!"

Judge: "SUSTAINED! Counselor, approach the bench!"

Yes, you have already repeatedly said what it is not.
Unfortunately, I asked what it should be...

Oh come on, you and I both know that grief manifests itself in a wide variety of forms - including, as you pointed out, physical attacks. I've seen a mother told her child is dead physically attack the person telling her. I've seen a mother of a five year old killed in an accident have to be physically dragged from the funeral (one of the most pitiful spectacles of grief I've ever witnessed, by the way). I've seen parents who have lost a child exhibit a quiet dignity on the exterior and then literally fall to the floor when they get home. I've seen a very wide range of grief, from screaming to a quiet acceptance, because unfortunately I happen to know a lot of people who have lost a child.

But entering a Hot Body contest, partying till dawn, posing for photo after smiling photo, dancing and drinking and feeling up men and women in front of a camera with a huge, lascivious grin in place night after night while a two year old is MISSING (her story being that some babysitter seemingly "misplaced" Caylee)....nahhhhhhhh, that falls a bit outside the limits of credibility when it comes to "normal expressions of grief."

McBell

Now THAT'S splitting hairs. Try that one as a prosecuter in court.

You: "You did this!"

Defense attorney: "Objection!"

Judge: "Sustained."

You: "Well, ok - it SEEMS you did this."

Defense attorney: "OBJECTION!"

Judge: "SUSTAINED! Counselor, approach the bench!"
It would be splitting hairs if your above dialog was accurate.
Unfortunately it is not accurate.
but to each their own.

Oh come on, you and I both know that grief manifests itself in a wide variety of forms - including, as you pointed out, physical attacks.
Yet you would try to claim that partying and doing drugs is not "normal grieving mother" actions?

I've seen a mother told her child is dead physically attack the person telling her. I've seen a mother of a five year old killed in an accident have to be physically dragged from the funeral (one of the most pitiful spectacles of grief I've ever witnessed, by the way). I've seen parents who have lost a child exhibit a quiet dignity on the exterior and then literally fall to the floor when they get home. I've seen a very wide range of grief, from screaming to a quiet acceptance, because unfortunately I happen to know a lot of people who have lost a child.

But entering a Hot Body contest, partying till dawn, posing for photo after smiling photo, dancing and drinking and feeling up men and women in front of a camera with a huge, lascivious grin in place night after night while a two year old is MISSING (her story being that some babysitter seemingly "misplaced" Caylee)....nahhhhhhhh, that falls a bit outside the limits of credibility when it comes to "normal expressions of grief."
So it is because with your long history of knowing grieving mothers and carefully studying their behavior, you have never seen anything of the like, therefore it cannot be "normal grieving mother" behaviour..?

Gotcha.

Kathryn

Io it is because with your long history of knowing grieving mothers and carefully studying their behavior, you have never seen anything of the like, therefore it cannot be "normal grieving mother" behaviour..?

Gotcha.

No, it's because I haven't lost my grip on common sense.