• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

German economy in the news...

Jumi

What do you think, recent news have been if not scary then at least worrying?

Recent headlines include
"German economic downturn expected with 1% growth forecast"
"German economy more a Threat to the EU than Brexit"
"Hard Brexit could trigger 'massive crisis,' warns German Industry"

Altfish

Veteran Member
It is a perfect storm
The predicted down turn + Brexit + Trump's Trade Wars + China Recession

It is heading in the wrong direction.

Last edited:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Very unfortunate news -- and for more than just Germany. The German economy is large enough to have an influence well beyond Germany.

As for Trump's trade wars having an influence on the German economy -- yeah, they do to an extent. A negative influence. When Trump got elected, some fool who happened to be both German and a Trump supporter told me that Trump would have no impact ever on the German economy.

The naivety was thick enough to cut with a knife. How many people can be left on the planet who do not know we're all economically co-dependent these days?

Jumi

As for Trump's trade wars having an influence on the German economy -- yeah, they do to an extent. A negative influence. When Trump got elected, some fool who happened to be both German and a Trump supporter told me that Trump would have no impact ever on the German economy.
Not a lot of people understand consequences when there's a narrative they'd prefer. Some people also thought hard Brexit wouldn't be a problem for nations remaining in the EU. I thought no one would be insane enough to get that result, but there we have it...

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
What do you think, recent news have been if not scary then at least worrying?

Recent headlines include
"German economic downturn expected with 1% growth forecast"
"German economy more a Threat to the EU than Brexit"
"Hard Brexit could trigger 'massive crisis,' warns German Industry"

I think this is what happens when the government thinks it can mess too much with an otherwise free market system.