• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

George's Spiritual Journal

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
That's probably true...

Wonder what its like to not have a weird life.
Hopefully you'll find out while you're in your current body. Then, of course, I'm sure it will feel really strange and take some getting used to.

JustGeorge

Not As Much Fun As I Look
Staff member
Premium Member
Hopefully you'll find out while you're in your current body. Then, of course, I'm sure it will feel really strange and take some getting used to.
I could content myself with non-negative weird. Actually, I'm thankful for it. I just don't like the type of weird in which there's upset, destruction, and tears.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
In a mania, Ares fell asleep in the hallway last night. He threatened me and made mania noises as he slowly nodded out underneath the Ganesh altar he'd created an hour or so earlier. I started telling him stories about Shiva's family, and he got quiet, and listened. He was quiet as I talked about Nandi, and Kartikeya's different names. He had a few pleasant one word responses, until he stopped responding and his breathing became slow and steady. I realized he was asleep. I left him for someone taller to move when he'd be more soundly asleep.

He woke today, totally stable. You'd never know he was in crisis yesterday. I'm sure we'll have spikes of behavior issues throughout the day, but the mania is gone(mania and behavior problems aren't the same). It could be coincidental, but I can't help but notice he came to peace next to the Lord of Obstacles.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I could content myself with non-negative weird. Actually, I'm thankful for it.
Here's an example of fun weird: We had friend, now no longer in her body, who fit the weird bill. She had an obsession with ducks. Her lame duck (not a joke) was named after a dancer and her partner and her while they did their professional dancing talked about how "herself" was doing. Of course the audience thought it was just made up chatter but we knew they were talking about the duck's recent vet visit. Her bathtub had a duck sized small tub next to hers and her house was filled with items and pictures of ducks. Of course we helped by giving her gifts with ducks on them. When herself died, we attended the funeral and she replaced her beloved duck with a flock. One of the replacements, Harold by name, one day laid an egg which illustrated that duck sexing is an iffy business.
It could be coincidental, but I can't help but notice he came to peace next to the Lord of Obstacles.
That's a very interesting thought. I'm sure time will tell if at some level he understands the obstacles of his nature and identifies with Ganesha's role as the remover of obstacles.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Here's an example of fun weird: We had friend, now no longer in her body, who fit the weird bill. She had an obsession with ducks. Her lame duck (not a joke) was named after a dancer and her partner and her while they did their professional dancing talked about how "herself" was doing. Of course the audience thought it was just made up chatter but we knew they were talking about the duck's recent vet visit. Her bathtub had a duck sized small tub next to hers and her house was filled with items and pictures of ducks. Of course we helped by giving her gifts with ducks on them. When herself died, we attended the funeral and she replaced her beloved duck with a flock. One of the replacements, Harold by name, one day laid an egg which illustrated that duck sexing is an iffy business.
Ducks are fun indeed. :D

Or, Harold was under a lot of stress...
That's a very interesting thought. I'm sure time will tell if at some level he understands the obstacles of his nature and identifies with Ganesha's role as the remover of obstacles.
I don't think he quite understands the connection, and I don't think he would name his obstacles as what other people might think they would be. His complaints are mostly money oriented, as he'd like to own several houses and a couple cars(and is truly upset that he can't, not having the cognitive ability yet to discern how hard such finances are in obtaining). Perhaps it would behoove him to spend more time on the worship of Lakshmi as well.

But, many kids love Ganesh, and he's no exception. He's very approachable. And he loves sweets.

Lately, he seems attracted to Shiva, too, which I think could be a good thing. Perhaps Shiva could teach the young War Lord about more purposeful and useful means of destruction. Ares has turned out hauntingly like his namesake.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
But, many kids love Ganesh, and he's no exception. He's very approachable. And he loves sweets.
Maybe I made too much of it - comes from having studied psychology.
Lately, he seems attracted to Shiva, too, which I think could be a good thing. Perhaps Shiva could teach the young War Lord about more purposeful and useful means of destruction. Ares has turned out hauntingly like his namesake.
When I was an adolescent my father asked me to demolish a deck that needed to be demolished. I still remember how enjoyable that destruction for a good purpose was. There are many positive outlets where destruction is needed and beneficial

Vinayaka

devotee
Premium Member
Ducks are fun indeed. :D

Or, Harold was under a lot of stress...

I don't think he quite understands the connection, and I don't think he would name his obstacles as what other people might think they would be. His complaints are mostly money oriented, as he'd like to own several houses and a couple cars(and is truly upset that he can't, not having the cognitive ability yet to discern how hard such finances are in obtaining). Perhaps it would behoove him to spend more time on the worship of Lakshmi as well.

Clearly I would find those connections interesting. The darshan of He who has One Tusk can indeed be calming. Only time will tell if he gets called more. I hope he does.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Maybe I made too much of it - comes from having studied psychology.

When I was an adolescent my father asked me to demolish a deck that needed to be demolished. I still remember how enjoyable that destruction for a good purpose was. There are many positive outlets where destruction is needed and beneficial
Tearin' stuff up can certainly be a good time...

Clearly I would find those connections interesting. The darshan of He who has One Tusk can indeed be calming. Only time will tell if he gets called more. I hope he does.
Same.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Amidst all the rough and jagged stones in the alley, I found a perfectly round and smooth quartz today.

How did that get there?

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
I wonder if there's a deity of Free Junk on the Side of the Road
They're most definitely is. I don't know what his or her name is but she or he has definitely been good to me.

Last week I went to a thrift store and bought a pair of boxing gloves for five bucks.

On the way back I saw that someone had left a full size punching bag on the curb along with a lot of other stuff they were giving away.

A few days ago I found a metal detector under the same circumstances.

The list of things that I would like to have that I don't have is pretty short, but a metal detector was one of the things on the list.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
They're most definitely is. I don't know what his or her name is but here she is definitely been good to me.

Last week I went to a thrift store and bought a pair of boxing gloves for five bucks.

On the way back I saw that someone had left a full size punching bag on the curb along with a lot of other stuff they were giving away.

A few days ago I found a metal detector under the same circumstances.

The list of things that I would like to have that I don't have is pretty short, but a metal detector was one of the things on the list.
Maybe one day he or she will reveal themselves, and then a new religion will be created... (Along with a lot of snickering at the phrase 'revealed themselves'.)

I was at a picker's find store quite some time ago. We got to talking with the owner, and found he also held an interest in world religions. He wanted to show us his stash of cool stuff he found but wouldn't sell(all religious type stuff). He opened the door to the closet he kept it in... and there was a statue of Ares(the God).

I got startled and told him he must sell it to me. He reminded me it was his stuff that he didn't typically sell. I told him I was an Ares devotee. I pointed at my infant(that long ago), and said "that baby's name is Ares. I named him for him." He was weirded out, and agreed that statue was probably for me. He cut me a deal on it.

Not long after, I found Greek style columns and a little display of tiny swords, one which fit perfectly in his hand(the original weapon had been broken off) at St. Vincent De Paul. Later, someone gave me a Greek plate they had in their garage that had two warriors on it; one bandaging the other(actually from Greece).

The entire altar was put together with stuff from thrift/gift.

JustGeorge

Staff member
Premium Member
Just for a second, I felt it. On the inhale.

And that was it. The inhale.

The divine spark, the breath that keeps us alive, keeps everything alive. That moves the clouds, that moves the rain... and here it is, in my tiny lungs.
How miraculous this all is.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Just for a second, I felt it. On the inhale.

And that was it. The inhale.

The divine spark, the breath that keeps us alive, keeps everything alive. That moves the clouds, that moves the rain... and here it is, in my tiny lungs.
How miraculous this all is.
That literally brought tears of joy to my eyes. May that spark grow into a flame.