• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Genesis 2

Muffled

Jesus in me
Really?.....
Chapter One ends with Man set free.....
go forth be fruitful and multiply....
dominate all things....
male and female....

No names, no garden, no law.....

Chapter Two is a story of manipulation....in isolated conditions.
A chosen specimen, anesthesia, surgery, cloning, and genetic manipulation.

A deliberate effort to alter the body and spirit of Man.

Adam was a chosen son of God.
His body was altered and then cloned.
Adam was given his twin sister for a bride.
Eve is not born of woman.
No navel.

I believe I know of no scientific method for altering a spirit.

I believe that a theory can be made that science was used to produce Adam and Eve but there is nothing in the text that indicates that it is talking about scientific method. God is telling about origins and seems less concerned with how things were done. It would be like if I told the story of the Bombing of Hiroshima. I don't have to tell the person all about nuclear fission to tell the story but nuclear fission can be inferred from the story.

Muffled

Jesus in me
You stated this below. No credible college in the world teaches this.

Pseudo history

i beleive I don't give a **** what colleges teach. Colleges teach the ideas of men which are as often wrong a they are right.

I believe science has no history yet on this subject.

I believe the bottom line is that the above does not justify the false statement that you made about me.

Muffled

Jesus in me
The usual confusion.....
We are intended to live forever in spirit.
The body is corrupt and will fail.

The garden event was an effort to change the body and spirit of Man.

Otherwise we would have overrun the planet's resources long before our spiritual character would have evolved.

All fall short of grace.
The choice that matters belongs to heaven.

I do not believe so. I believe God re-created an extinct race of men to be His people for His own purposes. I believe the gods didn't need a new man since they had their men and their races which I believe they tried to preserve but ended up mixing with other races anyway.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
I believe I know of no scientific method for altering a spirit.

I believe that a theory can be made that science was used to produce Adam and Eve but there is nothing in the text that indicates that it is talking about scientific method. God is telling about origins and seems less concerned with how things were done. It would be like if I told the story of the Bombing of Hiroshima. I don't have to tell the person all about nuclear fission to tell the story but nuclear fission can be inferred from the story.

Chapter Two has all the earmarks of a science experiment.

A selected specimen....ideal living conditions (petri dish).....
manipulation and alteration of the specimen......and cloning.
Genetic work as well.

Eve was Adam's twin sister.
Not born of woman.....she had no navel.

sincerly

Originally Posted by sincerly View Post
Thief, there were no flaws in GOD'S Creation. there was a freedom of choice given and mankind choose to disobey which resulted in the Death penalty.

Had Mankind remained faithlul and obedient then there never would have been any of the "curses" which are seen daily. Satan would have been defeated at that time. The Cross now shows that Satan and his fellow rebellious angels had a way to repent and return to GOD'S Favor--MERCY in love.---they choose not to accept---final execution awaits.

Thief, there were other conditions which the "curse" produced which were "not ideal as they had been",
Yes, the Creator Gods acknowledged that, as created, Mankind was to live forever. Gen. 3:22, "And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever:"
Had they not been disobedient---that "tree of life" would have been accessible.

To live beyond death, it isn't just curiosity, but confessing of sins, repenting of them, and surrendering to the Will of the Father. Without that process, one cannot choose to have a place in the reality which is beyond that "last breath".

Thief, Mankind(Adam and Eve) was made "flesh and blood". It was they who would have lived forever. Yes, they were to live in the "spirit of Holiness and Righteousness"--a summation of the Characteristics of the GOD who made them.

GOD'S Choice is well known---that all repent and submit to the Will of the Father. It is mankind who makes the decision to Repent or remain in rebellion.
GOD'S Grace awaits all who agree with HIS Righteous laws of LOVE.

No one is good but the Father.

Too much dogmatic recital on your part.

Thief, the Scriptures are correct as you stated. """No one is good , but the Father", For ""All have sinned".
Therefore, the Father is "dogmatic" in the adherence to the Principles which HE gave for a right relationship to Himself and to one's fellow Beings.
To do otherwise, leads to the conditions which are seen in the world today. (Man's inhumanity to man.)

Thief

Rogue Theologian
You are still smearing dogma on top of the written word.
You need not do so.
The account reads just fine as is.

Anything less than God is not perfect.

Man is less than the angelic.(see Psalms)

Last edited:

sincerly

You are still smearing dogma on top of the written word.
You need not do so.
The account reads just fine as is.

Anything less than God is not perfect.

Man is less than the angelic.(see Psalms)

Hi thief, It is HIS dogma/principles/authoritative teaching which I am presenting---nothing of my own. It is apparent from the posts that what was presented in the accounts needed the extra layer of HIS perfect instructions and information. Many were trying to circumvent the truths taught.

Agreed, mankind was created a little lower than the Angels.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
Hi thief, It is HIS dogma/principles/authoritative teaching which I am presenting---nothing of my own. It is apparent from the posts that what was presented in the accounts needed the extra layer of HIS perfect instructions and information. Many were trying to circumvent the truths taught.

And no one is good but the Father.

Do not call Me good.

Who am I quoting?

sincerly

And no one is good but the Father.

Do not call Me good.

Who am I quoting?

You are paraphrasing Jesus in Matt. 19:16-22 and Luke 18:18-23.
However, Jesus said, "but one, GOD."
Adam and Eve were created human Beings. Jesus took upon Himself the form of human Beings that HE(The SON of GOD the Father) could be the propitiation for the human race. See John 1:1-3,14.

Thief

Rogue Theologian
:cool:

Adam and Eve were created human Beings. Jesus took upon Himself the form of human Beings that HE(The SON of GOD the Father) could be the propitiation for the human race. See John 1:1-3,14.

I don't believe in scapegoating.

sincerly

:cool:

I don't believe in scapegoating.

The Scriptures are clear from the instituting of the yearly "day of Atonement" that there is to be/was a scapegoat. Or else, one has no freedom/escape from the guilt penalty imposed for disobedience---death.
Yes, GOD in HIS WISDOM, made provisions for such. HE is a "Cool"/Awesome GOD.
Jesus isn't/wasn't the scapegoat.

Muffled

Jesus in me
This is called fanaticism and fundamentalism.

I believe thinking that colleges always teach the exact truth is fanatacisim. I examine the evidene which is not a fanatical method.

I don't ascribe to fumndamentalism but I am apt to take afundamental position when it makes sense although I believe I examine things in depth most of the time.

outhouse

Atheistically
I believe thinking that colleges always teach the exact truth is fanatacisim.

That is called educational terrorism due to fanaticism.

It Is also from ignorance not knowing what exactly they teach. Try taking a class, then get back with me when you know what you are even talking about, from experience.

sincerly

Originally Posted by Muffled View Post

It Is also from ignorance not knowing what exactly they teach. Try taking a class, then get back with me when you know what you are even talking about, from experience.

Outhouse, one doesn't have to take a course, The false light which is taught is expressed by them in the "news Media" they use for their propaganda. And that false light is "educational terrorism".

Muffled

Jesus in me

I beleive you can call a pink horse purple if you like but I believe you ought to stop fantasizing and return to reality.

I once took a class in social statification and the teacher had definite communist leanings. Would you say that makes Communism the best way to achieve correct social stratification? I do not believe so since all it did was create a disfunctional superior class. Of course right now democracy is looking pretty disfuncional in our country and I am sure people teach classes on it.

Muffled

Jesus in me

Outhouse, one doesn't have to take a course, The false light which is taught is expressed by them in the "news Media" they use for their propaganda. And that false light is "educational terrorism".

Correct me if I am wrong. Wasn't Obama a teacher?

sincerly

I beleive you can call a pink horse purple

Try taking a class, then get back with me when you know what you are even talking about.

Outhouse,
sincerely #3946118 said: