• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gaza rocket killed reporter's son

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
From the Associated Press via Haaretz:
A UN report indicates an errant Palestinian rocket, not an Israeli airstrike, likely killed the baby of a BBC reporter during fighting in the Hamas-ruled territory last November.

The death of Omar al-Masharawi, the 11-month-old son of BBC stringer Jihad al-Masharawi, became a symbol of what Palestinians see as Israeli aggression during eight days of fighting that killed more than 160 Palestinians and six Israelis. A woman was killed alongside the baby.

Israel launched hundreds of airstrikes to stop Palestinian rocket salvos.

The UN office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights said in a March 6 report that the incident was caused by "what appeared to be a Palestinian rocket that fell short of Israel."

Hamas had no response Monday. BBC officials were not immediately available for comment.
More here. It will be interesting to see how this is handled by the BBC and AJE.

Flankerl

I enjoyed the Fajr rocket that flew too far into the westbank and then into an arab village.

There is a german saying.
"Humor ist wenn man trotzdem lacht"

Rakhel

I enjoyed the Fajr rocket that flew too far into the westbank and then into an arab village.

Three years living on an American Air base in Zweibrucken, and I almost understood that.

jazzymom

Just Jewish
160 - 6. This needs to stop

Yes it does and it starts with those who shoot rockets out of Gaza.

The death toll would be much larger on the Israeli side if they did not have the iron dome which they have put into place because of the rocket fire.

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member

What exactly did you "enjoy" about a rocket hitting a village that most likely had civilians in it?

Meow Mix

Chatte Féministe

Surely you could have maybe "appreciated the irony while lamenting the potential loss of life?" Or something?

Pegg

Jehovah our God is One
it would be nice if both sides could stop firing on each other

Im sick of the 'you killed my baby, now im going to kill your baby' mentality.