• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay rights debate triggers record flight from church

Muffled

Jesus in me
Thieves are in violation of criminal law, and they should be appropriately dealt with by the state, whose function it is to maintain civil order.

But when it comes to the "Christian" persepctive, then I would say "YES", most certainly, as I understand and interpret Christ's teachings, theives should be treated just like anyone else. When it comes to the Christian perspective so too should child molesters and murderers.

Then you and I have VERY, VERY different interpretation of Christ's teachings. To me, Jesus plainly and directly said that we are to treat everyone the same, even as we would want to be treated. How is that NOT equality?

How can you read such a statement from Christ and interpret it any other way? Out of curiosity, how in the world do you interpret Christ's instruction to treat everyone as we'd want to be treated? How do we treat absolutely everyone the same, in a manner such as we ourselves would want to be treated, and not practice 'equality'?

This is a false interpretation on your part. Never does it say that everyone should be treated the same.

What would I have thieves do to me, steal from me? I would not and would not steal from others. What would I have a homosexual do to me, make sexual overtures? God forbid. I also would not do such a sinful thing to another person. Should I call another persons sins rightreous acts? Never, and certainly would not expect my sins to be called righteous either. Can a person who believe in sin be treated as a Christian? Of couse not and I would not consider myself Christian if I believed in sin.