• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gay activists, business owners with moral convictions, and the State

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
Their political structure is different. I sometimes wonder if conservative in the UK is the same animal as in the US. I have to agree with Frank in that conservative seems to hold different connotations than say conservatives were viewed years and years ago. It seems more religious oriented now than that of fiscal and national responsibility.

Oh I see. It does sound quite different in the UK and US. I get the impression that American politics is generally to the right of UK politics, and the UK politics is more secular in character.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Their political structure is different. I sometimes wonder if conservative in the UK is the same animal as in the US.

I have to agree with Frank in that conservative seems to hold different connotations than say conservatives were viewed years and years ago. It seems more religious oriented than that of fiscal and national responsibility.
Political terminology is screwed up. What used to be called liberalism is called conservatism and libertarianism in the US. In the US, liberalism usually means something entirely different from what it originally was. It gets confusing.

I'm more of a traditionalist conservative, except that I'm a nationalist, too.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler
No, not in the political DIRs, as far as I know. They're restricted to the people to the people who identify with it.
I have not found anything in the rules that differentiates the "political" DIRs from the other DIRs.
Perhaps you will be so kind as to point it out to me?

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
I have not found anything in the rules that differentiates the "political" DIRs from the other DIRs.
Perhaps you will be so kind as to point it out to me?
"The Political "Only" subforums are also used specifically for that group and may not be posted in by members that do not correspond to the political position of the subforum. These two forums are colored purple."
RF Rules | ReligiousForums.com

As far as I know, the rules haven't changed but the site format has. If you're unsure, maybe a staff member needs to be asked.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
"The Political "Only" subforums are also used specifically for that group and may not be posted in by members that do not correspond to the political position of the subforum. These two forums are colored purple."

As far as I know, the rules haven't changed but the site format has. If you're unsure, maybe a staff member needs to be asked.
There is no more green, blue, and purple.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
OK.
I believe that the USA government should stay out of the marriage issue beyond keeping track of which competent adult couples have freely chosen each other as "next of kin".
Is that a conservative view or a liberal view?
Tom

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
OK.
I believe that the USA government should stay out of the marriage issue beyond keeping track of which competent adult couples have freely chosen each other as "next of kin".
Is that a conservative view or a liberal view?
Tom
Sounds more libertarian.

McBell

mantra-chanting henotheistic snake handler

Fair enough.
I withdraw my question.

You are safe....

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
The current rules seem to be obsolete, as they are based on the color system which seems to not be present anymore.
But questions have always been allowed and I too am curious as to what makes the differences between two groups who were born as they are and did not choose to be as they are but yet have both faced discrimination, based upon Biblical beliefs, just for being who they are.

OK...I may be a Left-Libertarian, but allow me to be REALLY clear. You should NOT compare being LGBT and being an African-American. Why? Because of the concept of "the closet". You can come out as LGBT, but there ain't no such thing as coming out as a Black person, as there is no closet...

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
OK...I may be a Left-Libertarian, but allow me to be REALLY clear. You should NOT compare being LGBT and being an African-American. Why? Because of the concept of "the closet". You can come out as LGBT, but there ain't no such thing as coming out as a Black person, as there is no closet...
Agreed. I have a black dad and a white mom and it just irks me when white queers compare gay marriage to interracial marriage. The issues are completely different, Why? Ontology.

Wirey

Fartist
So we are no longer allowed to ask questions in the DIR's?
I must have missed that memo...

You can't. I vote Conservative, I donated money to the Conservative Party, and I got a message from a mod telling me that I wasn't a Conservative so I couldn't comment on Ted Cruz. When I asked how I could tell if I was a Conservative or not, I received no reply. Whomever writes the OP apparently decides whether or not you're a Conservative, like when the Soviets decided whether or not you were a full citizen 15 minutes before you got put on trial.

dust1n

Zindīq

You can't. I vote Conservative, I donated money to the Conservative Party, and I got a message from a mod telling me that I wasn't a Conservative so I couldn't comment on Ted Cruz. When I asked how I could tell if I was a Conservative or not, I received no reply. Whomever writes the OP apparently decides whether or not you're a Conservative, like when the Soviets decided whether or not you were a full citizen 15 minutes before you got put on trial.

"-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored blue, non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored green, non-members of that area may make respectful posts that comply with the tenets and spirit of that area. This includes questions, as well as knowledgeable comments."

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
"-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored blue, non-members of that area are limited only to respectful questions, and are not allowed to make any non-question posts.

-For any DIR or discussion sub-forum that is colored green, non-members of that area may make respectful posts that comply with the tenets and spirit of that area. This includes questions, as well as knowledgeable comments."
These are bound by the rules of the purple color, not blue or green. Only conservatives are allowed to post here, just as I can't post in the Liberal Only or Feminist Only forums because I'm not a liberal or a feminist. What part of Only is so damn difficult to understand?

dust1n

Zindīq
These are bound by the rules of the purple color, not blue or green. Only conservatives are allowed to post here, just as I can't post in the Liberal Only or Feminist Only forums because I'm not a liberal or a feminist. What part of Only is so damn difficult to understand?

Hmm, sorry I didn't remember any of the Political DIR's being purple, but I guess they were.