• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Gamers: The Intellivision Amico

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
The Intellivision Amico is a roughly $300 family casual video game system coming out that looks much more promising than the trainwreck that is Atari's VCS project. The Amico includes two controllers with screens and seems to be about as powerful as maybe a $150 phone (estimated by me, though the list of specs is still a bit incomplete). It includes 6 free games and preordering the system from Gamestop gets you a $25 free gift card. Its release date appears to be October 10th. If you ask me why it's pricier than the above mentioned phone, I would answer the controllers, most likely.

Intellivision Entertainment

A Vestigial Mote

The Intellivision Amico is a roughly $300 family casual video game system coming out that looks much more promising than the trainwreck that is Atari's VCS project. The Amico includes two controllers with screens and seems to be about as powerful as maybe a $150 phone (estimated by me, though the list of specs is still a bit incomplete). It includes 6 free games and preordering the system from Gamestop gets you a $25 free gift card. Its release date appears to be October 10th. If you ask me why it's pricier than the above mentioned phone, I would answer the controllers, most likely.

Intellivision Entertainment
I used to play intellivision all the time when I was a kid. Games like Utopia, Thunder Castle, Night Stalker, the Dungeons and Dragons games on there, Bomb Squad, etc. They were leagues better than Atari's crap at the time, I thought. I used to play Atari at my cousin's and it always left me wanting for better - like the Intellivision. I always thought it was weird how Atari took the spotlight, and it seems like barely anyone has even heard of Intellivision. They seemed like a way more "put together" company.

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
I used to play intellivision all the time when I was a kid. Games like Utopia, Thunder Castle, Night Stalker, the Dungeons and Dragons games on there, Bomb Squad, etc. They were leagues better than Atari's crap at the time, I thought. I used to play Atari at my cousin's and it always left me wanting for better - like the Intellivision. I always thought it was weird how Atari took the spotlight, and it seems like barely anyone has even heard of Intellivision. They seemed like a way more "put together" company.

You're most likely correct. I mean if you look at Atari's latest project, it's inferior to this thing... because it has been delayed for two years over the course of half a dozen delays. Their project seems to be a scam, and they are being sued for $200,000 for not paying a lead developer on their project.

A Vestigial Mote

You're most likely correct. I mean if you look at Atari's latest project, it's inferior to this thing... because it has been delayed for two years over the course of half a dozen delays. Their project seems to be a scam, and they are being sued for $200,000 for not paying a lead developer on their project.
They've got a sordid history, for sure. I remember reading about the whole E.T. debacle. A mega-anticipated game that they basically put ZERO talent or effort into and then just shipped when the deadline came. Seems to be a bit too much about the profit, perhaps. Likely banking on their name recognition - which just isn't enough if you let your name become synonymous with "poop."