• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fruit Basket

• Thread starter angellous_evangellous
  • Start date
A

angellous_evangellous

How many of ya'll eat fruit peel?

I peeled an orange at lunch and I thought... why not just wash it and eat it like an apple? I eat kumquats with the peel on em.

Bananna?

evearael

The closest thing I've come to that is grated lemon peel in blueberry soup. *drool*

I tend to peel the usual suspects like bananas and oranges and eat things like grapes and strawberries without stems and leaves, but otherwise intact.

Rejected

Under Reconstruction
I actually took a bite out of an orange once without peeling it first. It was horrible. Same goes with bananas. They peel those things for a reason.

ChrisP

Veteran Member
They crystallise Mandarin peel as a delicacy in china. I eat kiwifruit (chinese goosberries) with their skin on, but banana's are too fibrous.

A

angellous_evangellous

ChrisP said:
They crystallise Mandarin peel as a delicacy in china. I eat kiwifruit (chinese goosberries) with their skin on, but banana's are too fibrous.

I avoid foreign delicacies as a rule.

Smoke

Done here.
angellous_evangellous said:
I peeled an orange at lunch and I thought... why not just wash it and eat it like an apple? I eat kumquats with the peel on em.
So do I; a kumquat doesn't have as much pith as an orange.
But orange peel and pith are edible, so if you can stomach them, go for it. View attachment mr_yuk.gif
I'll keep peeling mine.

A

angellous_evangellous

MidnightBlue said:
So do I; a kumquat doesn't have as much pith as an orange.
But orange peel and pith are edible, so if you can stomach them, go for it. View attachment 744
I'll keep peeling mine.

Lately my Golden has been taking care of peels and apple cores, and even peanut husks. He can't get enough of that stuff. :confused: