• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

From 'born again' to agnostic

budha3

I was raised in the same religion as Misty, and everything she says is one-hundred percent correct. When I was young I was taught to believe that If I didn't reach the "saved" status, my soul would be lost to eternal damanation. It is sad what fundamental religions are doing to the true God, who loves us unconditionally.

Danmac

I was raised in the same religion as Misty, and everything she says is one-hundred percent correct. When I was young I was taught to believe that If I didn't reach the "saved" status, my soul would be lost to eternal damanation. It is sad what fundamental religions are doing to the true God, who loves us unconditionally.

I was raised in a home like Misty's.

Autodidact

Intentionally Blank
They didn't help you did they?

sarcasm+meter.jpg

Wotan

Did humans cause the earthquake in Haiti or was that your all powerful god who is in control of everything??

BTW, if your favorite invisible fairy god-father really did poof the earth into existence 6K yrs ago why is the interior sill so hot?

emiliano

Did humans cause the earthquake in Haiti or was that your all powerful god who is in control of everything??

BTW, if your favorite invisible fairy god-father really did poof the earth into existence 6K yrs ago why is the interior sill so hot?

They choose wehre to live, Didn’t they?

Last edited:

emiliano

And that is my main gripe with Abrahamic doctrine. Talk about Pascal's wager. If they're wrong, what have they squandered? Their only life.

Well you tell me, what do you think that we have squandered by living a moral life and make those that loves happy, I mean in a natural way?
What have you gain with your chosen life style?

IKNOWNUFFINK

I was unfortunate enough to have been brought up in a fundamentalist Christian home (pentecostal). The pressure to get 'saved' was great even from a young age. I was told at six years old that if Jesus came I would be left behind, which of course is abusive. I had a sadistic grandmother who took pleasure in telling me from the age of two about the tortures of hell for naughty little girls like me! I held out until I was eleven before giving into the pressure and 'giving my heart to Jesus'! I was even devout for a while and embarrassingly trotted out the cliches so beloved of fundamentalist Christians. However, before long the doubts assailed themselves overwhelmingly, and thankfully by the time I married at 19 my faith slipped away, which was a relief. I am firmly of the opinion that the fundamentalist Christian dogma 'only the saved go to heaven the rest to hell', is a silly nonsense and can be very abusive too.

I am really truely sorry to hear about your story and I agree it is a form of spiritual abuse.

However just for the record, Pentecostal Christianity is not fundamental Bible Believing Christianity. I utterly reject the teachings of the Pentecostal churches and the Pentecostal movement.

I understand now why you are so anti anyone who claims to be a Christian and I appologise for being a little confrontational towards your obvious anti Christian stance and sentiments. Again it's totally understandable. However this is not Gods fault or the bible's fault.

In conclusion I also really appreciate your wilingness to share this story and I will pray for you, that is a promise and God answers my prayers. Expect Godincidences in your life, thats right they wont be co-incidences.

God Bless You.

Last edited:

emiliano

Without hope of what? If you mean hope of ending up in heaven when you die, I think that very depressing. I don't think atheists are anymore likely to have a depressing life than theists!

No! There is a double benefit, in this passage we may suffer because we live in the world ruled by man and it isn’t a very nice passage in our destiny.
If this is all there is to it, it would be a horrible experience, not a very nice one at all.
Eph 2:7 that in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us in Christ Jesus.
Compare this to “this is all there is” and you have a short time, I find this depressing don’t you?
Jam 2:5 Listen, my beloved brethren: Has God not chosen the poor of this world to be rich in faith and heirs of the kingdom which He promised to those who love Him?
Eph 6:12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

Misty

I am really truely sorry to hear about your story and I agree it is a form of spiritual abuse.

However just for the record, Pentecostal Christianity is not fundamental Bible Believing Christianity. I utterly reject the teachings of the Pentecostal churches and the Pentecostal movement.

I understand now why you are so anti anyone who claims to be a Christian and I appologise for being a little confrontational towards your obvious anti Christian stance and sentiments. Again it's totally understandable. However this is not Gods fault or the bible's fault.

In conclusion I also really appreciate your wilingness to share this story and I will pray for you, that is a promise and God answers my prayers. Expect Godincidences in your life, thats right they wont be co-incidences.

God Bless You.

I am NOT anti anyone who claims to be a Christians that is totally untrue, my own daughter is an Anglican Priest. I am anti Christian fundamentalism and the idea that only so 'saved' go to heaven, the rest to hell. I hope for oblivion rather than heaven. Fortunately fundamentalist Christians, who believe the whole of the Bible to be literally true, are still in the minority in the UK.

Why are you praying for me for exactly, to see it your way? I hope not. I know you probably mean well by saying that but I do find it a little patronising.

Anyway lets agree to differ.:)

Wotan

They choose wehre to live, Didn’t they?

Yea, some did. Others were born there and children have no choice. So . . .?

Wotan

Well you tell me, what do you think that we have squandered by living a moral life and make those that loves happy, I mean in a natural way?
What have you gain with your chosen life style?

Your question rests on an unspoken assumption. All Christians DO NOT live a moral life.:no: So since simply believing your mythology guarantees nothing what good is it?

Speaking for myself I have gained self-respect. I have made my own decisions free from the dictates of a hateful medieval mythology. I have not been taken in by the oldest con game in history. AND I can truly say whatever the outcome it was MY decision. I am content with that.