• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Friends With God?

Eddi

Agnostic
Premium Member
Question: In your tradition is is possible to become friends with God?

I'd say that it is possible in Christianity, through Jesus Christ who is basically God coming down to our level and relating to us as a human being

I very recently created a similar thread in the Christianity DIR but would like to also hear from people who are not Christians - hence this thread

rational experiences

Veteran Member

I'd say that it is possible in Christianity, through Jesus Christ who is basically God coming down to our level and relating to us as a human being

I very recently created a similar thread in the Christianity DIR but would like to also hear from people who are not Christians - hence this thread
In spirituality do I know my sacrificed brother via a Medium, as a psychic, a Healer and a spiritual human, yes....but I do not identify names as being relevant seeing humans were not created owning names, nor was anything else.

Naming is for the science/civilization purposes of control and manipulation in human life.

Everyday due to mind coercion/mind contact AI programming and satellite life ground studies by computer programming, the world O God male community and their humanity, owner inventor of male human sciences, was forced into my psyche hearing when I was brain irradiated.

It owns constant logical human male organic bio living life advice, his natural death NDE advice and early age death advice. I am a female and I own all of my own records/recording also.

I never understood what the Catholic teaching was regarding Jesus.....and I only learnt as a spiritual human about image in the cloud Heaven due to irradiation attack.

So my brother who is spiritual I truly love in his life and death. As for my occult science I learnt to hate you for human reasons, and not for any other truth.

As my brother was sacrificed by his own spirit, his brother, his idealism about retorts was totally different to my owned female experience.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
In my "tradition" it's possible to become God -- and then to advance beyond him.
;)

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

Yes, most definitely. In my tradition (Vaishnava Hinduism) He is already our friend, and He says so.

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist
Yes, most definitely. In my tradition (Vaishnava Hinduism) He is already our friend, and He says so.
WAU! So you apparently have meet him in person? Tell of this to the scientific world :)

whirlingmerc

Yes, friends with God is rooted in the Abrahamic faith.

Genesis says "Abraham believed God and was counted righteous and called the friend of God"

and that is the basis of friendship with God in the book of Romans

Native

Free Natural Philosopher & Comparative Mythologist

Genesis says "Abraham believed God and was counted righteous and called the friend of God"

Oh well. This bestial persecuter of Christians, Paulus, all of a sudden became "a friend of God" too.

"The Lord certainly works in mysterious ways".

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

one can only be adverse to god, or friendly, when one is separated/divided from god.

if god is spirit, and you were advised to worship in Spirit, then being like minded, singled minded is the key and not a physical separations.

1 Corinthians 2:16

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

friend literally means lover, or one who is loving

friend | Search Online Etymology Dictionary

this is what jesus said there is no greater love in all the world than that of a friend. that is what God is, love, loving.

whirlingmerc

Yes, if you believe in such sentimental dogmatics.

In the Old Testament is was only a few called friend of God, Abraham and Job referred to friendship with God, Moses and Jacob as well. It was an extraordinary term of honor.

In the New because of Jesus that is opened for all who believe the gospel.

Not mere sentimentality. Over thousands of years there were only about 4 people that phrase was used for.... then Jesus opened up access to God for the believing world.

"Ponder anew what the almighty can do
if in his love he befriend thee"
hymn Praise to the Lord the Almighty

Last edited:

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
WAU! So you apparently have meet him in person? Tell of this to the scientific world :)
Haven't you heard? Psychologists, Anthropologists and neurologists are already familiar with this phenomenon.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
"Bhava appears in the sense of becoming, being, existing, occurring, appearance in the Vedanga literature Srauta Sutras, the Upanishads such as the Shvetashvatara Upanishad, the Mahabharata and other ancient Hindu texts.
Bhava - Wikipedia

Hindus take their deities with these various emotions:
śānta bhāva, the calm, peaceful, gentle or saintly attitude
dāsya bhāva, the attitude of devotion
sakhya bhāva, the attitude of a friend
vātsalya bhāva, the attitude of a mother towards her child
madhura bhāva (or kantabhava), the attitude of a woman in love
tanmaya bhava, the attitude that the Lord is present everywhere

I am a strong atheist now but was a theist for half my life. No worship or ritual for me but I treat the deities in "sakhyabhava" (emotion of a friend). :)

Last edited:

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV

My Master (Sanathana Dharma) was very clear on this "friendship with God is one of the final steps before reaching your Goal"

Jainarayan

ॐ नमो भगवते वासुदेवाय
Staff member
Premium Member

Why should I need to? It's not incumbent on me to convince anyone. I said "in my tradition". He has appeared on Earth (and probably elsewhere) countless times. It's very possible I have met Him. Moreover, not everything is discernible in this world.

śrī bhagavān uvāca
bahūni me vyatītāni janmāni tava cārjuna
tānyahaṁ veda sarvāṇi na tvaṁ vettha parantapa

The Supreme Lord said: Both you and I have had many births, O Arjuna. You have forgotten them, while I remember them all, O Parantapa [a nickname for Arjuna].. Bhagavad Gita 4.5

yadā yadā hi dharmasya glānir bhavati bhārata
abhyutthānam adharmasya tadātmānaṁ sṛijāmyaham

Whenever there is a decline in righteousness and an increase in unrighteousness, O Bhārata, at that time I manifest myself on earth. Bhagavad Gita 4.7