1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

friend says he's "Jesus" - continued

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Eddi, Sep 30, 2022.

1. Eddi

Eddi Eddifying
    Premium Member

Ratings:
    +3,539
    Religion:
    Christian
    A friend of mine claims to be "Jesus"

It's not a claim that has taken over his life, he functions as a normal person, he doesn't wear robes or preach in the street, etc. like this person does: Inri Cristo - Wikipedia

I made a post about this a few months back so this post is a continuation of that post

I initially dismissed his claim

But now I think he could genuinely be onto something.......

I actually think that he is an extraordinary individual and he is just using the term "Jesus" as shorthand for a being who is extraordinary, for want of a better term

So not literally Jesus, but something similar to Jesus - without being personally divine of course!

And obviously he is like Jesus in some regards but unlike Jesus in others

I think he may have been appointed to some high office based on personal merit:

Adoptionism - Wikipedia

And it would be hypocritical of me to dismiss this claim as I myself believe that The Projection directly communicates with me and that I have been somehow chosen for this

Indeed I think I may have influenced him towards believing he is like Jesus

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. InChrist

InChrist Free4ever

Ratings:
    +2,863
    Religion:
    Christian
    Sounds delusional, since Jesus is God’s ONLY begotten Son. Unless, he is born again and has been transformed to new life in Christ; then the scriptures indicate believers do become more and more Christ-like as they mature in the Lord.

3. Secret Chief

Secret Chief Leaderless Animal

Ratings:
    +15,664
    Religion:
    zen
    Unless you're meaning the Arsenal footballer I'm pretty sure Jesus died a good while ago,