• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freedom?

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
We are free to be who we want to be. Right?

pexels-pixabay-247851 (1).jpg
pexels.com

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
As free as the laws of your country and your morality allow you to be

stvdv

Veteran Member: I Share (not Debate) my POV
Murder is often utilized by nations through the act of war. Does their authority make it anymore acceptable?
There is a book with the title "The art of war"

Krishna teaches in the Bhagavat Gita about War

In Yugoslavia many soldiers raped women/girls

Obvious it all depends how you wage a war

stvdv

We possess the power to burn the world. We seem to be very capable.
But we will burn our own fingers in the process. Fortunately those rich elite in charge know this, and are indeed capable to control themselves

Salty Booger

Royal Crown Cola (RC)
But we will burn our own fingers in the process. Fortunately those rich elite in charge know this, and are indeed capable to control themselves
Nonetheless, it is a gun pointed at our heads. If I were to have my way, nuclear weapons would be beaten into windchimes.

stvdv

Nonetheless, it is a gun pointed at our heads. If I were to have my way, nuclear weapons would be beaten into windchimes.
Yes, I agree the sound of "windchimes" is much better than the sound of exploding granates or nuclear weapons

And indeed it takes only 1 madman pressing the "red button". Lucky for us D.Trump did not do that

Imagine terrorists get their hands on the nuclear weapons

This worldwide Covid 19 control that is going on right now
Might be just because of exactly that fear you mention
Its not an unreasonable fear as you point out

Brian2

Veteran Member
Authority restricts who I can be?

Yes and no.
I can try to be what I want to be but there are limits placed on our freedom by our ability to be that. These limits come from both outside and inside of us.
And of course I keep hearing that we cannot choose to be certain things because we cannot choose to believe. That certainly would limit our freedom if we want to believe, as some people, who do not believe, say they do.