• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Freedom of sex talk

it's amazing how once religion is put aside you can talk about sex and how various types of it are part of the human psyche, even to the point you can make a joke that if God is constantly watching us and we are taught when were younger by the religious leaders we once believed that we need to capture every thought and hold it captive so as to avoid tainting our soul before the lord and then actually capturing a thought and expanding on it a very funny way. So I give to you from the fingertips of Alexis Wesley. enjoy

http://www.patheos.com/blogs/removingthefigleaf/2016/03/how-i-would-seduce-the-candidates/

Deidre

Even though I follow Christianity, I think it's perfectly healthy to have discussions about sex/sexuality. Why not. :blush:

Deathbydefault

Apistevist Asexual Atheist
I was turned off (quite literally) to the whole sex thing to begin with, so my fundamentalist parents never really bothered me on that too much.
It's quite an effective control method... until you're a teenager. Those older religious 'rules' don't really go for much in a modern free society.
Then you have all these new branches that conform the religion and interpretations to modern morality, funny thing that is.

Well, the funny part about it is that if they didn't make those changes then you would see huge drops in followers.
From the perspective of the side most commonly killed by religions, it's hilarious that many religions were forced to do this.
Islam will be next to conform, it's a question of time not probability.