• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News : The News is What We Say It Is

Bishka

Veteran Member
milkstory.jpg

Reporters Blow Whistle on FOX News

Does this disgust you as much as it disgusts me? What bothers me the most is where I work, the only station we can watch is Faux (because it's the 'best' news). This is frustrating; the people aren't hearing this because they believe the lies that FOX News spreads. Is there anything we can do? Anything?

Aeiralo

Ah, Faux news.

They're the so called 'conservative' baston in the 'liberal' media.

At least the 'liberal' media don't lie about CAUSING CANCER.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Aeiralo said:
Ah, Faux news.

Oh, I've never liked or even agreed with Faux news. It disgusts me to have people act like that in 'the name of Christ'.

love

tri-polar optimist
It's not as easy to fool the public as it once was. The masses have been lied to through out history. Do you know who is the father of lies?

Bishka

Veteran Member
love said:
It's not as easy to fool the public as it once was. The masses have been lied to through out history. Do you know who is the father of lies?

Dubya. :p

Just kidding, if you are referring to Satan the Father of all lies, yes I do know.

Aeiralo said:
Ah, Faux news.

I've been known to cause cancer.

I don't watch TV. TV rots your brain like it's crack cocaine.
I look up the news online so I can get more sources.
The problem is, the news stations are run by people, people are biased and cannot be trusted.

kiwimac

Brother Napalm of God's Love
Fox news is, as I have said before, proof of what happens when you run such a service at the lowest common denominator

jamaesi

To Save A Lamb
May I reccommend two films?

First is The Corporation, the documentary that the clip in Becky's OP is from. I'm sorry for the low quality of that link, it's the only one I know of. It's also on Google Video- but in 23 parts.

Second is OutFoxed: Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism, which you can watch there.

Also, if the *spits* Monsanto *spits* Corporation *spits* bit interests you- please please please check out these films I'll link to. Seeds of Suicide by PBS's Frontline and The Future of Food. Monsanto is a horrible company- they've done everything from artifical sweeteners to Agent Orange to sterile seeds. They're killing my people, please think about that next time you pick up a bottle of RoundUp.

Bishka

Veteran Member
nutshell said:
Fox news is no different than any of the others. Get over it.

You have anything to else to say or contribute to this conversation, or you just want us to all get over it?

This company is influencing so many people I know, and they refuse to see differently because they see Fox News as the only conservative news out there. I have the owner of the company I work at telling his employees that there is a "War on Christmas" and that we must combat that evil. My good friend and co-workers are being influenced by these idiotic ideas.

Bishka

Veteran Member
This is another video I just ran across.

One point that blew my mind, one of the Faux Reporters stated, "My religion doesn't teach me that." What does religion have to do with her journalism? She is a journalist, she reports the facts. This frustrates me!

M

Majikthise

beckysoup61 said:
This is another video I just ran across.

One point that blew my mind, one of the Faux Reporters stated, "My religion doesn't teach me that." What does religion have to do with her journalism? She is a journalist, she reports the facts. This frustrates me!

Yeah , it's like when those who oppose gay marriage say "my religon doesn't condone that.". What does religion have to do with a persons sexual preference?

FOX is a drop in the media sea, liberal media spin being a tsunami.

Bishka

Veteran Member
GeneCosta said:
Fox News is to conservatism what Comedy Central is to liberalism; the only difference is CC is open about its bias. :p

What can we do? Nothing. I just want so semblance of the truth....a shred of it. :(

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
I could argue all night that the "liberal media bias" is contrived by conservatives, but I'll just point out that people shouldn't excuse this as more "bias reporting."

M

Majikthise

GeneCosta said:
Fox News is to conservatism what Comedy Central is to liberalism; only stats show people learn more from CC. :p

I love CC because of South Park, it's cornerstone and a show which predominantly mocks liberals. Matt and Trey laughed in an interview with Newsweek when asked if they were liberals.

Mathematician

Reason, and reason again
Majikthise said:
I love CC because of South Park, it's cornerstone and a show which predominantly mocks liberals. Matt and Trey laughed in an interview with Newsweek when asked if they were liberals.

Yeah, I don't know what it is about South Park, but the jokes I laugh the most about involve me. The atheist and WoW episodes --- :biglaugh: