• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Fox News and the Death of Jesus

rsd

ACBSP77
About every two months or so I go to Fox News and click on their Sci tech link and then click on their Archaeology Link. You can see it here: Archaeology | Scitech | Fox News I just love archaeology and there always seem to be something uncovered with a religious twist. Since this forum is a Religious Forum, I was thinking that others might find my practice of going to this link every so often worthy of their time, also. Just a suggestion. I titled my post as I did, for two reasons: one of them being how the death of Christ is mentioned in the title of one of the archaeology stories this evening. But there is a mixed bag of stuff here to read. I just find it all very interesting, what they dig up and what not.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
Is there a particular reason you are relying on Fox for information about religious archeology?
Remember, these people have a Christian agenda to promote.

A

angellous_evangellous

Is there a particular reason you are relying on Fox for information about religious archeology?

*no-conservative*

Let's not confuse Christianity with militant neo-conservatives.

IsmailaGodHasHeard

There is nothing wrong with being a Christian. How would you like it if someone disrespected your views? You would not. No one would. So please respect the belief systems of others.

T-Dawg

Self-appointed Lunatic
There is nothing wrong with being a Christian. How would you like it if someone disrespected your views? You would not. No one would. So please respect the belief systems of others.

Even assuming this, having a pro-Christian slant would still make a source unreliable for topics related to religious archeology.

Acim

Revelation all the time
Even assuming this, having a pro-Christian slant would still make a source unreliable for topics related to religious archeology.

Not if said slant didn't come into play in reports.

I'm yet to meet (or even hear about) a journalist without a slant. Like saying a pro-liberal slant makes for unreliable source when reporting topics related to Obama's economic or job policies. If this were the case, all we would have is Fox News providing us information.

rsd

ACBSP77

I go there because I like their archeology section. I only go there about once every couple of months. This gives enough time for new stories to pop up. I just like a quick preview. Now and then I stop and read more. If I am really interested, I may or may not search further, but that seldom happen. You know, you have this big attitude. While you wouldn't touch Fox News with a stick, I'm not "afraid" to look around on their website. Thus I found their little archeology section. And I've really enjoyed it. It has enriched my life and given me pleasure. Several months ago I read how a group of English volunteers were helping with some ongoing digs in Israel. Cool. Then this lady accidentally discovers 30 some-odd gold coins that someone had hid thousands of years ago. There were as if they had been minted yesterday. Showed a picture of her with a pile of the coins in her hands. Just a nice story. Or...the story of this guy in England who found an enormous buried treasure with his friends metal detector. He was unemployed and poor. Now his is rich. With lots of pictures of what he found. They explained how what he found was so rare. Very cool. But you think that I am being duped? Whaterver.

Archaeology | Scitech | Fox News