• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Four Modern “Scientific” Myths

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Please quote from Quran in support of one's claim.
Regards

I don't quote the Quran as an authoritative text. Humans have been around for far longer than 6000 years. Less than 500,000 years, though. And the universe has been around for about 13.7 billion years.

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
Polymath257 said:
No,*your* religion says this. It is, however, a falsehood. Which shows your religion isn't true.
I don't quote the Quran as an authoritative text. Humans have been around for far longer than 6000 years. Less than 500,000 years, though. And the universe has been around for about 13.7 billion years.
Since one said that "No,*your* religion says this." and Quran is the first and foremost source of guidance for all the Muslims whatever the denomination, hence I asked one to quote from it in support of one's claim.
Now it seems that one agrees that there is nothing as such in Quran.
Regards

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Polymath257 said:
No,*your* religion says this. It is, however, a falsehood. Which shows your religion isn't true.

Since one said that "No,*your* religion says this." and Quran is the first and foremost source of guidance for all the Muslims whatever the denomination, hence I asked one to quote from it in support of one's claim.
Now it seems that one agrees that there is nothing as such in Quran.
Regards

No, it was *your* claim in post #97. You expressly claimed that 'true religion' said that Adam was made 6000 years ago.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
False on almost all claims. The Piltdown man was hidden by its 'discoverer' from examination by others.

(wiki)
In 1921, Henry Fairfield Osborn, President of the American Museum of Natural History, examined the Piltdown and Sheffield Park finds and declared that the jaw and skull belonged together "without question"

As more evidence from other sources was accumulated, it became more and more clear that something was wrong in the Pitdown case. The rest of the data simply didn't fit with the Piltdown claims. When the actual 'fossil' was finally examined by independent investigators, it was found to be a fraud.

This highlights the necessity of having more than one person (or group) look at the raw data and to have that data freely available to all who are qualified and ask.

In the case of climate science, the data *is* freely available, has been extensively investigated by several independent sources and no new data is contradicting the basis findings. Your analogy fails miserably.

True, as yet nobody has been able to contradict the fundamental empirical scientific findings, a couple extra molecules CO2 in 10000 of air, cannot trap enough heat to have any noticeable, far less deleterious effect on the climate. The two go together about as well as the Piltdown Jaw and Skull.

Scientists are human beings, not immune to bias, especially not when operating under politcal/ academic authorities.

So the most important thing is to never claim something inherently speculative is true 'without question'- (or certainly to never believe this) nothing strays further from the scientific method than oppressing questions

paarsurrey

Veteran Member
paarsurrey said:
post #97
I want to point out that the truthful religion holds that Adam, was the first human being evolved to a state that with him God Conversed directly, and it happened some 6000 years ago. Please
Regards
No, it was *your* claim in post #97. You expressly claimed that 'true religion' said that Adam was made 6000 years ago.
One got it wrong.
I did not say even that Adam was the first human born ever. Please read my post again.
Regards